Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Mmmm slash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

but you know the way there are points for staying together for over a week or two weeks. if you went out with someone in your RA group would you get those points or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

To answer your question, they're SPanish PORTUGuese ITALIANS - i.e sportugitalians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I still prefer Spitalians... from Spittaly.
    You get to say "spit"!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Plunky wrote:
    Mmmm slash!
    See, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but HELLS YEAH! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Plunky wrote:
    Iback in my player/asshole days...

You, of all people, an asshole?

Piste wrote:
    You, of all people, an asshole?
    Once upon a time....
    Chowburger wrote:
    See, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but HELLS YEAH!

Sarcasm? Me? NEVER! (well, yes, quite often, but not in relation to slash - mmm!

Plunky wrote:
    Sarcasm? Me? NEVER! (well, yes, quite often, but not in relation to slash - mmm!

Good, good, you're my kind of person!

Plunky wrote:
    Once upon a time....

I refuse to believe that!:p

@Chowburger: And you are..?

@Piste: BELIEVE me I can find people to testify to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

Plunky wrote:
    I had a g/f at home when I was at sess. 2, 2001... Broke up with her by voicemail, and then got back together with her a couple months later - back in my player/asshole days... *reminisces*
    Negative points are cuz think how many points you could get if you just scored everyone at the RA meeting for points sake - 2 per score, would mean groups'd start OUT With around 30 points, maybe more, defeating the purpose of the points... Hence, discourage that by making it negative points...

I remember that, and who did you break up with her FOR again Eoin? :p

Also, as far as I know, the negative points within RA groups was also a security thing. In that most RA groups were grouped together in Res and if, am, intra-group "activities" weren't discouraged it could lead to trouble

Can we get an edit on that last post by Mr Collins please?..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Plunky wrote:
    Ooooh, I think you me and my dear friend Emily need to sit down and talk this summer!!! ;) What class you in Plunky???

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Ooh yummy pic! Also, I'm not in a class, per sé... Being 19 and all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

if intra-group "activities" weren't discouraged it could lead to trouble

what like that time you HAD to score us all twice and the points were still disallowed?!?

i was eating man! eating food, one of my top three favourite things to eat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Okay I have actual news. Well it's semi-CTYI related.

I basically did nothing today except edit the stuff I shot on Saturday which seems like today cos' I've been awake for only about 13 hours (my grammer sucks cos' I'm mentally fatigued).

I had to capture the stuff onto my computer twice because I didn't realise it had worked the first time.

So after spending hours doing that I started editing. My computer went mad and I accidentally restarted it without saving my work but through the greater wisdom of the universe my work had been automatically saved and I probably woke up half the people on my road by shouting in glee.

I got a nice >15 minute video out of it which I'm proud of and has been saved (and backed up). Bloody hard work. The first 19.92 seconds took me between 30 and 60 mins. It's a montage thing which is matched to music so it was a pain but is really funny (unless you're Silke, tee hee) :D .

I hope you all enjoy it.

The Santryification was kool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Shouldn't you be in class at this time?

Yes, yes i should. :D . Our teacher got us internet access to do something for class and i was finished early so my TA said I could do whatever I wanted.
    crash_000 wrote:
    To answer your question, they're SPanish PORTUGuese ITALIANS - i.e sportugitalians.

We call them Sportalians, and one of them came up to me today and started talking in Italian and when I told him I didn't know what he was saying he said sorry I thought you were one of us.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*chants "one of us...one of us..."*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

more ctyi news please! will all the discos definitely be in the caf? has the food improved? who are the RA's? i know neil is one, but are any former stdents RA's? like, the ctyiers from 2 years ago should be about RA age..
    so no truth whatsoever in new old res thingy, no? has there been any rule changes in the sheila to colm power shift? who are the site and assistan site directors?
    can we use the swimming pool? has the ctyi news thing been kept up (remember the lil page in the caf every week? hi-larious!)
    has there been any word of a theme disco? what are the new courses like drama etc like? has ctyi chaaaanged?

shpeak, ye session oners..

I got a nice >15 minute video out of it which I'm proud of and has been saved (and backed up). Bloody hard work. The first 19.92 seconds took me between 30 and 60 mins. It's a montage thing which is matched to music so it was a pain but is really funny (unless you're Silke, tee hee) :D

This footage wouldn't happen to star me by any chance would it?

• Advertisement

doonothing wrote:
    more ctyi news please! will all the discos definitely be in the caf? has the food improved? who are the RA's? i know neil is one, but are any former stdents RA's? like, the ctyiers from 2 years ago should be about RA age..
    so no truth whatsoever in new old res thingy, no? has there been any rule changes in the sheila to colm power shift? who are the site and assistan site directors?
    can we use the swimming pool? has the ctyi news thing been kept up (remember the lil page in the caf every week? hi-larious!)
    has there been any word of a theme disco? what are the new courses like drama etc like? has ctyi chaaaanged?

shpeak, ye session oners..
    Well Aileann (I don't know how to spell it) was Assistant site director this year in Sess. 1 but isn't available in Sess. 2 so we'll have Catriona.

One of the new guy RAs is a Classics student from 2001 and he's a bit.... dim..... but kool and the girl RA Keira, I think, is set to be this year's "hawt" girl RA. I haven't seen them all so I don't know.

There haven't been any themed discos yet and as of Saturday there weren't any planned. The table quiz is back.

I'm told the Drama class is really fun and brilliant and is instructed by Brona, last year's RA.

I'd kill to be in a class taught by Brona! She was my RA last year, and the single coolest person ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

I'll second that one ^

Yay for Brona!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

She was so damn cool.And what a name. Bronagh C. Titley, priceless.

And you just know she's a demon in the sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Do we really know that? I'm doubtful considering it's against the rules and all that.....

*looks nervously around*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

I would've killed to be in Drama, 'specially with Bronagh as the teacher... Except it was in Session 1, grr. Make it in Session 2 next year, O Great Gods of CTYI... I'll make it worth your while... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Well Aileann (I don't know how to spell it) was Assistant site director this year in Sess. 1 but isn't available in Sess. 2 so we'll have Catriona.

One of the new guy RAs is a Classics student from 2001 and he's a bit.... dim..... but kool and the girl RA Keira, I think, is set to be this year's "hawt" girl RA. I haven't seen them all so I don't know.

There haven't been any themed discos yet and as of Saturday there weren't any planned. The table quiz is back.

I'm told the Drama class is really fun and brilliant and is instructed by Brona, last year's RA.
    Helen I thought and when did the table quiz leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Or when Matt went on his bra-opening rampage, went to "hug" Brona and she mentioned to him that Brona is an anagram of "No bra"... The look on his terrified little face! :D Especially without eyebrows! :p

• Advertisement

Someone should direct her in the direction of this board, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it :p

Advertisement