Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Or when Matt went on his bra-opening rampage, went to "hug" Brona and she mentioned to him that Brona is an anagram of "No bra"... The look on his terrified little face! :D Especially without eyebrows! :p
    was i terrified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Zounds wrote:
    when did the table quiz leave?
    Oh it didn't. But it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, you were somewhere between shocked, terrified, and confused. Terrified had the best no-eyebrow expression though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

I'm told the Drama class is really fun and brilliant and is instructed by Brona, last year's RA.
    Isn't Cara in that class..Wow, should be interesting!!! ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Drama's really cool actually - i helped cover for a TA in that and it was quite cool.

also- saturdays disco is themed.

the disco is......

80's :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

sounds.....fun. Actually, it could be very interesting. Dodgy clothing ahoi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

crash_000 wrote:
    A decade that a lot of the students won't have lived in, or care about in the slightest. Makes sense.

Yes, because we should've also veto'ed the students suggestions for the 60's and 70's. and in fact, all of them, because they were in fact NEVER angels or demons....damn, whoda thought it.

ever think we actually asked for suggestions barry? no? aaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I could give the 80's a great lash! Leather, puffy hair, and stupidly pointy guitars aweh! Gotta love hair metal...

Will probably see you on saturday Neil if you're in Blanchardstown.

And themed discoes aren't meant to make sense, why the hell would they?!

Why would you veto a 60s or 70s disco? A 60s one would be kick ass.

• Advertisement

I have more news....

"Film Appreciation" has been amalgamated with "Music Appreciation." People watched a Daft Punk video.

Apparently there's an act at this year's talent show that has a song about protein and they take the piss out of vegetarians.

Oh, and people are making T-shirts that say "Nerds Forever."

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A 70's disco would rule, it would also tie in with the CD I intend on bringing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I am enlisting mai sister's help for costume suggestions, as she's able to think of them and I'm not. Hurray for exploiting siblings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

crash_000 wrote:
    Drama's really cool actually - i helped cover for a TA in that and it was quite cool.

also- saturdays disco is themed.

the disco is......

So i spose its too much to hope for that it will have some house music in there seeing as house first started off in the late 80's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

crash_000 wrote:
    the disco is......

F****n 80's theme, we were going to go as superhero's (I think we still are actually)
    I have more news....

"Film Appreciation" has been amalgamated with "Music Appreciation." People watched a Daft Punk video.

Apparently there's an act at this year's talent show that has a song about protein and they take the piss out of vegetarians.

Oh, and people are making T-shirts that say "Nerds Forever."

That is all.

Yes there is a song called Protein, tis quite funny (except to the vegetarians).
    And as for the Nerds Forever T-shirts, that would be Odran makeing them (I think, 99% sure).

And just another thing, you're Rory's friend right? And Tony said hi.

Music/film appreciation was thanks to aileen having "interstella 5555" - i thoroughly enjoyed it. quite like taking activities on my own actually.

oh and my point was we didnt veto a 60's/70's disco - they were suggested along with an 80's one - but we had teh final choice like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

mmmmmmmm.....
    ctyi.....

*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

doonothing wrote:
    mmmmmmmm.....
    ctyi.....

*drool*

marc, you are truly the most articulate person i know. but yes, mmmm indeed. only a week and a day. *whee!*

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Adesina wrote:
    Yes there is a song called Protein, tis quite funny (except to the vegetarians).

Us vegetablearians have a sense of humour too. We're not all crazy hippies, I swear! Someone needs to post the lyrics to the song so I can, at the very least, pretend to find it funny :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

ah balls. This thread makes me feel so old. or maybe not even old. I just miss the whole CTYI experience. Who doesn't I guess, but nonetheless, I hope you all have some amazing life changing experiences like the many who have gone before you.

(And given the hour and the day, I sound like a drunk. But I'm NOT!)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Chowburger wrote:
    We are all individuals!
    I'm not....

A superheroes disco? But that'd just be overkill... I went as a superhero to the fancy dress disco in 2003 and got everyone covered in silver glitter from my cape, nobody was very happy about that

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Ah, I remember that superhero (err, I just misspelled that 'superhore' :P) costume. It was mad-ass! And so glittery...

I think an 80s disco would be fantabulous! You could have ridiculous amounts of fun making your hair as awful as humanly possible!

I don't think my hair would ever recover if I got a poodle-perm. And I don't think my dignity would ever recover either, especially if people took photos! And I mean, I like bright colours and everything, but legwarmers? Ski pants? Cycling shorts? Euuuuggghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i went as an eighties washedup moviestar (i even came complete with formerhusband) to one of the discoes last year. also, two of the RAs raided my wardrobe and accessories to dress up as eighties chicks.

i don't know what this says about my style. i don't think it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Joycey wrote:
    So i spose its too much to hope for that it will have some house music in there seeing as house first started off in the late 80's?

Almost certainly... proper dance music would be nice... I want to revive that old "quality of DJ-ing at CTYI" thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Undergod wrote:
    Almost certainly... proper dance music would be nice... I want to revive that old "quality of DJ-ing at CTYI" thread now.

i think we all know what the quality of dj-ing at CTYI is....

poor... to fair at best

The problem is that there's a lot of rockers at CTYI (nothing against them personally) and rock music doesn't work at discos...

Of course I'm assuming that by disco we mean a kind of emulation of a club, but without the alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

In fairness to the DJ he has so many different groups to keep happy as well as the old CTYI traditions to keep up (Street Spirit, American Pie, YMCA etc.) there's not much else he can do.We would all like our favourite music to be played but the problem is everyone has such different tastes.You can't really mix a mosh pit with a hard dance night so I think the DJ just plays it safe with crowd pleasers and floor fillers.I think the discos are fine, for what they are.If you want lots of dance music then get tickets to Global Gathering or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

With my CD of amazing super power, this years discos with rock the proverbial socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

jono087 wrote:
    The problem is that there's a lot of rockers at CTYI (nothing against them personally) and rock music doesn't work at discos...

Lies! It does work. There's almost nothing as fun as fifty people leppin into each other to screamy norwegian death metal.

Advertisement