Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Opeth are SWEDISH Damn it Billiam!!!!!! But other than that, yeah, it's true, as Rory Doyle's head will attest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, but 2 problems with moshing/headbanging

1) Not that great if you're trying to score, it's hardly romantic
    2) It's difficult to keep it up for a whole night

Raphael wrote:

It takes practice my son! The true sign of a great gig is waking up the next day* aching all over and being wrecked.

*Note: A -TRULY- great gig will involve you waking up barely able to move, never mind sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

And then there are the people like me, who I would call 'indie' if it didn't make me sound terribly pretentious, who would be oh-so-happy living in a nice world somewhere in between rock and pop music...

Though, in fairness, they played Pixies music last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

/\ me too

Im listening to floggin molly and the pogues at the moment by the way. Good music is good music tbh.

• Advertisement

ColHol wrote:
    /\ me too

Im listening to floggin molly and the pogues at the moment by the way. Good music is good music tbh.

Excellent taste me boy! Flogging Molly rock. It's true though, good music is what you like. Genres can't be taken too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

personally, i'm hoping for a 60s or 70s disco, i'd love to hear some velvet underground or the rolling stones at the discoes.
    but yeah, somewhere between rock and pop would be pretty.

I want "(I cant Get no)Satisfaction" played. Then i will dance like a fool. Or Paint it Black. or..or ....or.....or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah the discos. we cant really complain, they could be a lot worse... and the poor dj, he does have an awful lot to get around to, and its not as if he doesnt do it well...
    i be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

meh, i'll have to agree... considering the broad range of tastes arrayed on the floor before him, the dj usually manages to keep most people happy..

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I want "(I cant Get no)Satisfaction" played. Then i will dance like a fool.
    If the DJ did play that, it would more than likely be the Britney Spears version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

or, the pj harvey/bjork one! phew, whaddachoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I prefer 70s/80s cheesy disco meself....dammit it will be played this year!

80s music. I love 80s music. If they played something like Kate Bush my heart would do a little jig of joy!

''Heathcliffe, it's meeeeeee cathyyyyyyyyy come hooooooome I'm so cooooooooooooold'' I'll put it on my CD :D

*already has two Kate Bush albums ready to bring*
    *should really be embarassed about that, but isn't*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Raphael wrote:

Don't be too hard on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Raphael wrote:

1) Find a girl who is into said action
    2) Pussy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

1) Ever tried scoring someone while moshing? it's not easy, fun or romantic!
    2) No... I think it's called caring about brain cells! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah i remember the whole Martin Cotton automatic win thing... Niall K the RA started it! He scored Martins sister! *shudders*. She isn't half as bad as Martin though. I got so pissed off at that little dude and his "Humerous Anecdotes" though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

1) Find a girl who is into said action
    2) Pussy
    1) It's a group acticity, there's no personal...ness involved
    2) I have a friend who has done serious, lasting damage to his neck through headbanging

Oh and Dave, I am aware. I missed my school sports day this year because all the muscles in my neck had seized up from a gig teh night before

Chowburger wrote:
    80s music. I love 80s music. If they played something like Kate Bush my heart would do a little jig of joy!
    My parents lived next door to Kate Bush when they lived in London. They went to some of her early concerts, they said she's excellent live. I love 80s music as well, I just don't like the hair!

Raphael wrote:
    I missed my school sports day this year because all the muscles in my neck had seized up from a gig teh night before

Really? I missed my sports day because I skipped it and went for pizza! :p

Fishie wrote:
    My parents lived next door to Kate Bush when they lived in London. They went to some of her early concerts, they said she's excellent live. I love 80s music as well, I just don't like the hair!
    Somethin wrong with THE HAIR???

kajagoogoo.jpg

Fishie wrote:

That is too cool for words :eek:

And the hair makes the music! I mean, what would the crazy keyboard-beats and distorted vocals be without the big hair, I ask you! *points to previous post*

Colhol, I love you for that pic!

ColHol wrote:
    kajagoogoo.jpg
    I know 80s hair is part of the package and all, but I just can't look at pictures like that without wanting to attack them with some leave-in conditioner!

Arent they just awesome though? Theyre the type of people you could bring home to your mammy

Haha, my mother would run screaming!

• Advertisement

I think my mammy would have me committed if I brought that lot home

Advertisement