Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm trying to set up Xbox live.

• 19-06-2005 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im on IOL plus,but they had sent me out the standard ZyXel Prestige 630 (theres no ethernet port) and i needed an ethernet port to hook up the modem and Xbox.so i bought a new modem with an ethernet port.

Basically i want to have the new modem in the room where i will play xbox live,and use the iol modem for my comp.How do i find out the details to input to the xbox from my bb account (dns server,ip settings,subnet mask,gateway etc)

Do i have to ring iol to actually find out or can it be done manually?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

You would have to ring iol to get those settings and you will also need a valid credit card once you get to the registration screen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Walter_Sobchak

You would have to ring iol to get those settings and you will also need a valid credit card once you get to the registration screen...

Thanks for the quick response.

Do you know if IOL support a direct connection to xbox live(ie no pc involved,just xbox +modem) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

As far as i know, xbox live is set up by direct connection from the xbox through the ethernet modem.. not sure if a pc comes into the equation anywhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Far as i remember when setting up my mates we needed to configure the router with a PC then connect it to XBox. But watch out they will smack you with the "we dont support third party hardware" excuse.

However you dont need many settings.
    (Taken from my IOL P623 which is sitting on the shelf)

Mode = Routing
    Encapsulation = PPPoE
    Multiplex = LLC
    VPI = 8
    VCI = 35

Username = yourname@iolbb
    Password = whatyaregistered

That should work fine and once u get online connect it to the X-Box.
    Hope u dont get bad pings :(

Advertisement