Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ratemyprofessor.com

• 19-06-2005 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

The Irish Times had an article a few weeks ago that website ratemyprofessor.com is opening an Irish site. This sounds really interesting.

As I am going into 3rd year Computer Science (FT228/3) I'm really interested in who are the good lecturers in 3rd and 4th year and who are the ones I have to watch out for. Any help ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just finished up FT228/4 and being honest saying anything bad online about a lecturer would probably be considered libel by all accounts and i am sure most people would rather not risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 NiteOwl2

O.K. well who are the good ones ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

wes wrote:
    Just finished up FT228/4 and being honest saying anything bad online about a lecturer would probably be considered libel by all accounts and i am sure most people would rather not risk it.
    Ah chill out wes.
    Stay clear of B***** T*****. He's an evil little ewok!
    Dennis Manley will make you want to shoot him coz he says BASICALLY on average 3-4 times in every sentence (otherwise fairly sound though).
    Rest AFAIK are average to good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Because of my user name the lecturers would actually know who i am. There have been situations where i was talking about unrelated issues that a lecturer recognised me via my user name so in a thread like this i would be careful of what i say.

Also i don't like the idea bringing anyones name into disrepute and anything that is said online does come up under libel laws and i know some lecturers who surf here (and even if they didn't someone they know might see it), so you should careful is all i am saying.

Anyway some of the best lecturers you will have in the next couple of years (well the ones i taught were good) are Fred Mtenzi, Mark Deegan, Damian Gordon, and Susan McKeever are the ones that taught were good off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

wes wrote:
    Because of my user name the lecturers would actually know who i am.
    True. And just realised that a couple would actually recognise mine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement