Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X06 - "House Of The Rising Sun" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 19-06-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN" -

Episode Title: "House Of The Rising Sun"
    Airdate: June 20th 2005

Synopsis (from TV.Com):
    Walt and the others are shocked when Michael is brutally beaten, but only the non-English-speaking Jin and Sun know the truth behind the attack. Meanwhile Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Sayid argue about where the survivors should camp -- on the beach, where they're more likely to be seen, or in a remote inland valley where fresh water abounds; and Locke discovers Charlie's secret.

Next New Episode: 1X07 - The Moth - 27th June 2005

What did you think of "House Of The Rising Sun"? 25 votes

Excellent!
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    16% 4 votes
    Average
    52% 13 votes
    Poor
    28% 7 votes
    Terrible!
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Looking back this was probably the weakest ep of the season,but by no means bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah... i've always considered it my least favourite of the series.

But still good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Now Lost is starting to exercise its grip on me. I thought this was a very good episode, the back story involving the Koreans was surprising, to say the least. And I liked the mysterious bent they're introducing about the island via Locke.
    When he told Charlie that in order to get something from the island, he had to give something to the island. Charlies withdrawl symptoms should be interesting! Hmm......what did Locke give to the island, I wonder?

The only thing that grated about last nights episode was
    the schism in the camp over moving to the water. A simple solution would be to move the camp to the water, while groups of two or three people could stay at the beach and keep the fire going for a time until another group would take over, and so on

The Korean woman is a minx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The way Locke's character is coming along is very interesting, but the rest of the episode was a bit slow.

As to the schism over the camp, the previous poster had exactly the same thoughts as myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The only thing that grated about last nights episode was
    the schism in the camp over moving to the water. A simple solution would be to move the camp to the water, while groups of two or three people could stay at the beach and keep the fire going for a time until another group would take over, and so on
    I think it was more about the concern that if the group currently on the beach were rescued, would they go back and tell the others?

A well grounded concern particularly if some of the more shadier islanders like Sawyer were the ones in the group patrolling the beach when rescued.

You have the remember the group are only on the Island roughly 10 days (first season covers 40 days.. and episode 6 is quarter of the way through the season).. they still haven't fully learned to trust each other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

basquille wrote:
    I think it was more about the concern that if the group currently on the beach were rescued, would they go back and tell the others?

A well grounded concern particularly if some of the more shadier islanders like Sawyer were the ones in the group patrolling the beach when rescued.

You have the remember the group are only on the Island roughly 10 days (first season covers 40 days.. and episode 6 is quarter of the way through the season).. they still haven't fully learned to trust each other!
    Yeah, you're right there. I have to remember the timescale of the series, I've been watching it nearly as long as the time span of the first series, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

what was up with kate at the end ?? being all bitchy and moody....
    also the thing with the watch was never really fully explained, which made that whole plot-line pretty pointless.

the ending with sun talking english was excellent though, much more of a surprise than locke's in walkabout, a character who's really coming along characterisation wise.

more plus points, no boone & shannon :D

overall the episode left more questions than answers(but thats lost innit)
    but i liked it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Charlies withdrawl symptoms should be interesting!
    Don't get your hopes up, they're not. Was pretty disappointed myself. TV shows/films seem to always make detox look so easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

herobear wrote:
    also the thing with the watch was never really fully explained, which made that whole plot-line pretty pointless.

the ending with sun talking english was excellent though, much more of a surprise than locke's in walkabout, a character who's really coming along characterisation wise.

more plus points, no boone & shannon :D

overall the episode left more questions than answers(but thats lost innit)
    but i liked it!

really??? i never saw locke's secret coming,but i figured out very early she probably spoke english!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

herobear:

Kate's getting horny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I think it was quite obvious that the Korean woman understood English but I think the build up to Locke's was very well done.
    Also the fact that the Korean guy was involved with the equivalent of a triad gang was intersting.
    I found it quite boring and fell asleep through some of it. I must catch the repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hadn't the Korean woman already spoken in an earlier episode? With the water or something... I could have sworn...

Kate was being annoying in general, she's starting to piss me off the way she won't explain stuff. Like... what she did (I don't care if it's irrelevant now that they all have a new life or whatnot, I want to know) or what was up with her 'feeling' about the cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

actually you know whats really irritating.... the fact that the castaways are'nt even trying to get too know one another, yeah its all great and smoochy that we know their backstories but why dont they tell each other ? i mean at least it'll give them something to do while waiting to be rescued.

the only person who has done anything is again, Locke keeps dropping hints to(so far) Jack & Charlie about 'seeing into the eye of the island' and such like
    WHY CANT THEY INQUIRE FURTHER???? gahhh this really irritates me

Lost is a good show but its bogged down by such inane crap, sentimental cliche dialogue(alot of it coming from Sayid & Jack) and contradictory scenes.
    it also doesnt help when rte2 cuts scenes out of it either(in ep2 and ep5 so far)

on a side note...anybody notice when Jin was beating Michael up, both Sayid & Sawyer ran out of the same tent in the same manner....heehee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

herobear wrote:
    actually you know whats really irritating.... the fact that the castaways are'nt even trying to get too know one another, yeah its all great and smoochy that we know their backstories but why dont they tell each other ? i mean at least it'll give them something to do while waiting to be rescued.

They've only been there a week and they have more pressing matters... such as monsters & dehydration & no food & shelter & sunburn & staying alive.

Advertisement