Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 Squad, Anyone Interested?

Options
  • 19-06-2005 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm looking to form a BF2 SQUAD around 6 people mainly to play on Irish/UK public servers in free time. The positions will be(not limited to):

2 x Assault
    1 x Support .. me :)
    1 x Medic
    1 x Anti Tank
    1 x Engineer (Squad Leader)

As a Squad Leader/Engineer, your role is to communicate with the commander/squad and stay away from the action as much as possible so that the rest of the squad can spawn near him. Engineers will also keep themselves busy placing mines near key positions when there is no action.

Our main form of communication will be xfire/VOIP.
    Please reply this post if you're interested.

Red.Patriot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Most of the clans are recruiting for Battlefield 2 players. These will have a number of squads within them working as individual squads & squads working together for clan matches. Would be better signing up for one of the clans tbh.

We at Clan NRG are recruiting. Also on xfire :-) & VOIP ingame :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

are there any irish clans, that arent too 'hardcore' id love to play some good games with a well organized team and dont mind taking orders,but i dont have a lot of time, and dont really wanna get kicked out of the thing after a week because i havet played much. :D

i usually play as special ops, but i spend most of my time in chppers either doin support or drop offs, and commander every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

6 people is very small for a squad. Most clans are going for 8v8 or more for matches.

Join one of the exisint clans such as TiG or NRG who are irish and looking for new players who are willing to play as part of a decent team to win etc. Find out more information on this thread for clan applications.

Most clans dont mind if you arnt playing everyday providing yuou do throw your name in for matches occasionally or just do your bit, however small in keeping the clan running. Check out their websites for information.

thanks, will check out the sites.

why only 8v8? no full scale wars? like in all those promotinal vids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

16 man server is cheaper, is easier to organise, maps can be adjusted for 16,32 or 64.

Actually not a bad idea playing 8v8.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

NRG is looking for players like yourself for all roles in squads.
    www.clannrg.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Stop all the clan pimping. Once is enough. All the information people need are in the Clan Applications thread in the sticky's at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

T'would also help if the website worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

T'would also help if the website worked.

LoL. Yeah it's been mysteriously down the last 2 days :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Are there many people reading this thread who would like to play Battlefield in a more organised way but who aren't into joining a clan for various reasons e.g. don't have enough time, free time doesn't coincide with clan events, can't stand the muppetry etc. If so post your replys and ideas and lets see if we collectively can't come up with a solution.

Maybe srikiran has something in setting up a squad or is there anothe way.

-Al- any ideas?

My idea mooted previously was for a type of clan reserve attached to one of the more serious clans where the part timers could join and have some fun without having to be available for all clan events.... eh?

• Advertisement

Yeah, with the website down, try catch me on irc if can. Unfortunatly our webby manager aint been on a lot lately. Also berns1983 on xfire, could get most of our lads from friends of friends on it. Unfortunatly we're only renting servers atm & aint got one for battlefield 2 yet, but are in the process of it for when it comes out. So prob catch us on TiG's server or possibly ...the other one..... games4.iol.ie or sumfin, need to check that. Message us so can talk outta game, sure TiG wouldnt want us recruitin on server ;)

Don't be intimidated by the 506 hours of vietnam on ma xfire profile :-) I'm a unemployed student :P so plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm a decent shot, I play for fun, Flashpoint is my game.

"Pick me! Pick me!"

/me nods at the TiG belly-strokers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SyxPak wrote:
    /me nods at the TiG belly-strokers
    /me nods back*

*Wots a belly-stroker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah having probs with website....but as Berns said add him in or me on xfire and you will see all the NRG lads in Friends.....I am on TIG's server(until it disconnects me and wont let me back on :rolleyes: ) or Darkkeep most nights so you will see me on xfire.....just gimme a shout.....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Yup I'd be very interested, I quite like the Medic role, but I'd take any position going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

K, well usually when I play on a server I will join a squad. When I play with friends I usually create one because we actually play as a unit. Generally I call the squad "Teamwork" so people know that we actually play with some thought process :D.

We use VoIP; we try to stay grounded when we can so people can spawn beside me; we just try and play as a squad to maximise the benefits.

If you see myself and Andre2 on this squad then feel free to join us because we always need more people helping, more people makes such a big improvement. Even with just 2 people, a proper working squad can do huge damage.

Generally we are on the [TiG] server.

yep, id be interested in something like that, i'll be on the TiG server, name is r22beta2, use xfire to get a hole of me if you need to (ID is adevins)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have to say, I would be interested in something like that myself.. These games are so much more rewarding when played as a cohesive group. Am relatively new to BF though.

Advertisement