Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp V902 & 3G

Options
  • 19-06-2005 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭

Ok i'm thinkin of switching to a 3g handset (Vodafone), specifically the Sharp v902. Just want to hear some users opinions on this phone. Have a GX20 at the mo so am used to Sharps, although kinda considering the Motorola as well.

Is the Sharp the best 3G handset at the moment?
    Whats the LED torch like? Is it as bright as on the GX20 coz I find it REALLY handy.
    Will the phone automatically switch to 2G when I'm at home in boggerland?
    Whats the battery life like. I know they're rated at considerably less than 2g phones. Are they really that bad?
    Is there anything I should know before switching to 3g? Any hidden costs etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

yeah it is a great phone, but thier is one major problem with it.. its as big as a brick. it reminds me of a tv remote. wait and get the new sony ericsson k600 its the same size of the new nokia 6230 or is you wait a bit longer thier is a new version of it the k608, not to sure wait the difference is between them..

have a look here at the sony ericsson k600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Yeah it's a few years since I seen one as big as it, but the size doesn't really bother me tbh. If I'm gettin one I'll be gettin it tomorrow so i'm not really prepared to wait for anything new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

I used one before it was launched and it certainly worked very well, the screen is very nice indeed. It's big and it's not light but apart from that it's probably the best 3g on sale. Do have a look at the 6680 aswell though, that's also very good. I guess what's best depends on what you use your phone for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Cheers lads. Can anyone tell me how bright the light on it is? This is actually really important to me!

Advertisement