Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica minus lars!

Options
  • 19-06-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

should lars be ejected from metallica and who should take his places!your thoughts people,and if anyone says meg white,i'll be a hunting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sean Reinhart.

Now that I'd like to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭grosser

i thought joey jordison did a good job at download a year or two ago!

How about Gene Hoglan? Or Richard Christy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I agree with Grosser, Joey was much better than Lars

on another note, what is the name of the new Slipknot song where in the video they have their masks off?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Doubt it would ever happen cos he is 50% metallica whether we like it or not!!! However, how about dave grohl??

• Advertisement

Marts wrote:

on another note, what is the name of the new Slipknot song where in the video they have their masks off?

before i forget,really good song!

faceman wrote:
    Doubt it would ever happen cos he is 50% metallica whether we like it or not!!! However, how about dave grohl??

dave is a great drummer,but personally i dont think he would bring anything that would metallica any different the=an they are know,
    where as the likes of joey,or the man himself dave lombardo,would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Rick Allen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

oooh dave lombardo, good choice! i think grohl is a very underrated drummer, even tho i wudnt be a big nirvana fan.

animal

• Advertisement

Reinhart or Hoglan would be far better than any of the drummers mentioned (Including Lombardo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sean Reinhart.

Now that I'd like to see!

Although he is amazing, even he couldn't make Metallica good anymore :( But if I had to pick one, I'd agree hands down!

Reinhart or Hoglan would be far better than any of the drummers mentioned (Including Lombardo!)

forgive me for asking,but who dothey drum with?

grosser wrote:
    forgive me for asking,but who dothey drum with?

Reinhart drummed with Death, Cynic and others, and Hoglan drummed with Death, Old Man's Child and he currently drums with Strapping Young Lad. Both phenominal drummers altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Karl introduced me to some Death the other day. Definately some nifty drumming there.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

faceman wrote:
    i think grohl is a very underrated drummer

are you serious? the man seems to be constantly praised as the greatest drummer to have ever existed. i actually heard people at the start of the year saying that With Teeth would be a great album because Grohl is on drums for some tracks.
    Same for QOTSA.
    i dont think he's any more than passable, his drumming in Nirvana certainly didn't change the world. Although you're free to point to a song that proves me wrong.

Lombardo would work well, but he'd have to leave Slayer to join Metallica, which would suck.

i think Lars is perfectly suited for Metallica anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Marts wrote:

before i forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'd go for Nick Menza meself, I think he'd do a bang up job there. I'd also lose Surfer Boy, get Marty Friedman or Chris Poland in there, someone who still knows more than one scale. I like Trujillo but in his heart, he wants to play funk so I dunno, Dave Ellefson maybe? And Hetfield is a big girl these days, lose that dead weight, get someone like... off the top of my head... Dave Mustaine maybe? He knows all the old tunes anyway.

Hey... wait a minute... ;):p

Doctor J wrote:

Christ you're one cheaky ****er! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

I never saw what the big deal with Grohl was. People always say "ohh he hits the drums really hard" - so what? When Nirvana were huge you had Jimmy Chamberlin, Matt Cameron and Chad Smith also doing the rounds in bands that were very big, and I'd definitely rate at least the first two above Grohl - is it just in a post-Foo Fighters/Songs for the Death/Nirvana-glorifying climate that people are salivating over him as a drummer or was it the same back then? I wouldn't know, I was about eight years old at the time :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Lars rules , hes gotta stay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

the best drummer for the job here would deffinatly be andols herric, he recorded the impossiblility of reson for chimaira before he left and in my opinion is in the top 3 drummers in the world along with joey and igor cavelara, both of them would also be good for the job but andols is just drumming god in my opinion some of the **** ive seen him do with a double bass is just ****ing crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ringo starr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Rick allen!! Gotta love the swing of that arm..! :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Doctor J wrote:
    I'd go for Nick Menza meself, I think he'd do a bang up job there. I'd also lose Surfer Boy, get Marty Friedman or Chris Poland in there, someone who still knows more than one scale. I like Trujillo but in his heart, he wants to play funk so I dunno, Dave Ellefson maybe? And Hetfield is a big girl these days, lose that dead weight, get someone like... off the top of my head... Dave Mustaine maybe? He knows all the old tunes anyway.

:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Itd be interesting to see what Raymond Herrera would do on a new album. Or maybe Daniel Erlandsson or Jaska Raatikainen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J - LOL - lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

meg white

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

But would replacing Lars actually improve metallica? Whatever about changing the drummer, youd need to pump originality and a different attitude into their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Dammit man, didn't you read what I said? ;)

Advertisement