Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica minus lars!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

hee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That entire band is washed up, Lord Chessington, only drastic measures will magic up and acceptable solution. New broom sweeps clean... etc.... Baggio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I don't really care if they don't produce new stuff. I just want the old stuff over and over again :) Still no sign of a new tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Patricide wrote:
    the best drummer for the job here would deffinatly be andols herric, he recorded the impossiblility of reson for chimaira before he left and in my opinion is in the top 3 drummers in the world along with joey and igor cavelara, both of them would also be good for the job but andols is just drumming god in my opinion some of the **** ive seen him do with a double bass is just ****ing crazy.

Christ, if you think those 3 are anywhere near good, you've got a lot of drummers to catch up on!

Flo Mournier from Cryptopsy obliterates every one of them. Listen to this and then pick your jaw up from the floor and recant your so-called top 3 drummers in the world.

There's so many better drummers, it's unreal.

Listen to this too, and especially THIS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Listen to this and then pick your jaw up from the floor

The only thing I was picking up off the floor after listening to that was myself, after a good aul ROFL.

Hahahah that third is one is gas as well, the singer sounds like a Sesame Street character. I must agree though lads, subjectivity is the enemy when discussing who the best drummers are - it's all about who can run on the spot the fastest on their double bass pedals for a whole song.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm lars dad?-he's prob better and equally an idiot :)
    or replace each member with a member from slayer or carcass.

I must agree though lads, subjectivity is the enemy when discussing who the best drummers are - it's all about who can run on the spot the fastest on their double bass pedals for a whole song.

It's ironic how you sarcastically lecture about subjectivity, yet you miss the very subject itself entirely, when Patricide was talking about double bass kicks, and the drummers who in his opinion do it the best. Well done on missing the relevance of the songs I've posted.

Personally, I'd rate the likes of Mike Portnoy, Martin Lopez or Jan Axel Von Blomberg higher, because as drummers they can do a hell of a lot more than the gattling-gun bass kicks, but that's hardly the point at all. And there's certainly some human drum machines like Nick Barker, who despite being incredibly fast, I don't even rate any more because he has absolutely no feeling at all.

And another thing, what exactly is wrong with enjoying a good furious blastbeat? There's something about the sheer energy of it that just strikes a chord with me, and I'd bet many other people feel the same.

Edit:

Actually arse to what I said in the second paragraph, Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy is certainly one of the most exceptional drummers in the world, he really does some of the most intricate drum patterns and he also plays with Remy Langlois, a Jazz artist. Bugger Subjectivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Oh dear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Howsa about Paul Bostaph? He kicked the **** out of the best of 'em! Wipes\Wiped the floor with most players these days....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Id definitely have to go with Mike Portnoy ! He makes it all look so easy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭grosser

always liked vinnie paul myself!good, by god i miss dime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

bongotoys.jpg

im sure either of these chaps would be able to drum lars right off the stool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Flo Mournier would be interesting...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

arucard sounds like alucard which is a great name!!!!!!!

''by god i miss dime!''
    download program was dedicated to him yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i can't believe someone just compared dave grohl to chad smith. i have heard chad smith is a great drumer but jesus listening to his chili peper drum lines makes me want to sleep, that and the fact i think the chili's are ****e. but anyway Igor Cavalera would be a bit of an animal in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

When i was talking bout those 3 drummers i wasnt just talking about double kick just think of the triabal **** that igor does which totally shows off his origionality then theres just andols herrics style of play and joeys utter speed on everything(I was actually told by a few people his double bass technique was awefull just so fast you dont realise).Paul bostaph would be another good choice aswell, allways rated him higher than dave lumbardo.I just prefer the style of play off of paul.

hmm lars dad?-he's prob better and equally an idiot :)
    or replace each member with a member from slayer or carcass.
    keep robert on bass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

dave lumbardo from slayer. end of story, that guy would destroy anyone. also, nick menza from megadeth, cause anyone who played drums for megadeth on the last tour had to be committed they were so vicious. igor cavalera is another option, considering the world is forgetting his talents, and lars is a good drum (or was), its just that this whole "i'm into oasis" and "i dont really miss the hair all that much" pisses people off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Shaun Drover played drums on Megadeths last tour. However, having seen Menza twice I can safely say, when he's got himself together, he is so much better than Drover it's painful (and Drover is no slouch ;) ).

Lars' problem is that he spends too much time away from drumming. You've got to continually practice as a musician to maintain a certain level or your technique turns into soft poo and, as Newsted pointed out just after he left, Lars can't really drum anymore becuse he doesn't practice anymore. It's a shame cos I remember being blown away by the scene in the One video of his legs doing the double-bass bit back when it came out. You young 'uns may not believe it but there was a time when he was quite respected, even as a drummer :p

I'll get me cane... ;)

• Advertisement

well even back on the binge and burge dvd you can see he was not as bad as every one mad out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Igor Cavelero would have the most to bring to the band although in his time John Bonham(sp?) was the MAN:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

why would you wanna get rid of lars? sure he's not the best drummer in the world(playing wise i mean), i remember an arguement i had with someone overwho was better lars or joey....she couldn't come back with an answer to the question who wrote the more famous and better drum lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

why would you wanna get rid of lars? sure he's not the best drummer in the world(playing wise i mean), i remember an arguement i had with someone overwho was better lars or joey....she couldn't come back with an answer to the question who wrote the more famous and better drum lines...
    exactly , why would ya wanna get rid of lars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

In Some Kinda Monster hetfield and ulrich were at eachothers throats the whole time, dont know if that was just for show tho?:rolleyes:

Not at all! they've only been doing that for twenty years...

he's not the best drummer in the world(playing wise i mean)

As opposed to being the best drummer in the world (Haircut wise)?

ther's more to being the best drummer in the world that being able to play well, other drummers can play better than him but if you had read my other post you'd realise i meant he writes better songs that those who can play better than him

Yes, and if you read my post, you'd realise I was making a joke.

But of course you're right. Ulrich's trademark bass/snare/bass/snare ad nasuem is "Better songwriting" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dam right!

Advertisement