Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica minus lars!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

grosser wrote:
    animal

without a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

While u might not like Lars he is a ****ing legend and Metallica would be nothing without him he does a **** load of the production and he came up with One( the drums came before the riff!!) and the ****in man himself Vinnie Paul prasises Lars for one and Master of Puppets and holy **** balls have u ever heard Dyers Eve there is deadly drums in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Noone is disputing any of that. The point of this thread is, however, that he is sadly now dragging the band down having lost what it was that made him good in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Doctor J wrote:
    Lars' problem is that he spends too much time away from drumming. You've got to continually practice as a musician to maintain a certain level or your technique turns into soft poo and, as Newsted pointed out just after he left, Lars can't really drum anymore becuse he doesn't practice anymore. It's a shame cos I remember being blown away by the scene in the One video of his legs doing the double-bass bit back when it came out. You young 'uns may not believe it but there was a time when he was quite respected, even as a drummer :p

I'll get me cane... ;)

Why does Doctor J always sum up every thread perfectly and say what everyone else is trying to say! :p

This point sums up modern-day Lars as well as his past persona...

Case closed in my book...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

After listening to St. Anger I think throwing a few pans down the stairs would be a suitable replacement.

I was listening to some of those drummers, trying to listen to the good stuff but it's all covered up by this godawful double bass hammering. Technique goes out of the window at those speeds, could you even pick out, say, a paradiddle pattern on the bass drum if anyone of them was playing one? Slow down the bass or even have it as part of a cool fill and I'd say it would sound 100 times better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I personaly HATE WITH A PASSION the drums in st. anger.There sound is awefull just punchy **** it sounds like someone tightened the heads way way too much and lars didnt notice and in my opinion turned an average album into a pile of sh|te(well that and the lyrics, invisible kid anyone?).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

As opposed to being the best drummer in the world (Haircut wise)?
    no he obviously meant lars ability to lose an item of clothing when a light flashes on and off! its hilariously scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Whenever i think of Lars now i instantly think of the scene in SKOM where he's masturbating over his "art" going on display in the gallery. Gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Devious wrote:
    Whenever i think of Lars now i instantly think of the scene in SKOM where he's masturbating over his "art" going on display in the gallery. Gah!
    Yet another mind scaring image :eek:

Good film tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Good film tho :)

it was a terrible film, the entire dialogue basically boiled down to:

Lars: "Lets rename the band Larstallica!"
    Kirk: "I like it!"
    James: "Lets call it Jamestallica!"
    Kirk: "I like it!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement