Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had To Re-install The Bt/iol Usb Xyzel Modem Lost Dial Up Icon

• 19-06-2005 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

Help

I had to re-install the usb modem for bt bb or iol as it used to be, did all the usual stuff but got no icon on the desktop to click on. Modem has green light and it says i'm connected.

how do i get back that dial up icon? I am using win98se pc and it is a pain.

any help greatly appreciated.

gb==

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

From what i remember that modem sucks ass.
    The only way to get it to work is like this.

Make sure its unplugged.
    Then run the cd that has the drivers in it.
    The installation will then ask you to plug in the usb or restart.
    Plug in the cable or restart and then plug it in.
    It should pick up the device and install itself.

Then theres a shortcut on ur desktop.
    Hope i remember this right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for help, sucks is not the word!! this is the secod time, I have had to re-install, I wrote down what I did last time but can I find it, no way. And it was so long ago I have forgotten what I did!! I will try your suggestion and report back. I am on other pc at the moment.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

just to say did as u instructed and it worked a treat, it actually worked first time and thats a first as well. Glad to be back up and running, I know it sucks this modem but I am not shelling out ?50.00 euro for that router etc from BT Ireland until it is absolutely necessary.

many thanks for the help

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Tech Pete wrote:
    From what i remember that modem sucks ass.
    The only way to get it to work is like this.
    Huh ?

Got mine over a year ago, set up once and despite copious amounts of messing with hardware/software/OS, its worked perfectly every time since.

Probably the least troublesome electrogadget ever attached to my PC.

(p.s. use the ethernet connection)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Gurgle wrote:
    Huh ?

Got mine over a year ago, set up once and despite copious amounts of messing with hardware/software/OS, its worked perfectly every time since.

Probably the least troublesome electrogadget ever attached to my PC.

(p.s. use the ethernet connection)

Your speaking of the P623.
    He has a P630 .. no ethernet...

• Advertisement
Advertisement