Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to Oxegen after the leaving?

Options
  • 19-06-2005 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Still haven't got my ticket but I should be able to get one in the next week or so, albeit at a hiked up price. Apparently theyre going to release more tickets (500-1000) in a week or so, but thats just rumours.

Anyway, who else is going from here. I'm hoping to go with a lot of the lads here in Kerry. Anyone else stuck for a ticket like me or willing to sell one to a poor Leaving Cert, like me...

Hope to see some people from here up there. Should be good craic. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Just turn up. I know a few lads that managed to sneak in and another few bought those band things you get when you get in off these asian folk. S'gonna be good. Note to self: get drunk. I think Feeder and Flogging Molly will be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

they're not going to release more tickets , that rumour was true and it already happened. Now they are definitely sold out , have been for about 4 weeks. If you want a ticket now you may look through every buy and sell magazine you can find , look on ebay , enter competitions and ask everyone you know (friends + family) to lookout for spare tickets for you. Thats your only hope at this stage , or else you can do like loads of people do and just break into the campsite somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yep. im going. But going to Germany on wednesday for a week then going to Oxygen when thats on like a week after a get back....tis good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doctor D-Man

Looks like i'll be lashing out a pile of hard-earned cash to some entrepreneurial bollix over in the UK or somewhere whose collected up a hoard of tickets only to sell to the poor decent folks back home for twice the price....

Tis well worth it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

I can't wait. It will be the best weekend ever. Me and all the other lads are going on our own bus, which I organised so I'm going for FREE. (the bus is free for me not the oxegen ticket obviously!) I will be in a hoop!! :D Any one else care to join me!!?? Best lineup ever too =)

• Advertisement

Last years lineup was better, this year im only goin for the streets, snoop and the campsite

Do ye think 250 is a rip for a 2-day camping ticket at this stage. The way I see it.. its gonna be well worth it and I'm gonna spend at least that while i'm there. I was planning on driving up to save some money but the problem is i would be too polluted to drive back down afterwards. Should take me 2 days solid to recover.

Anyway, if any of ye hear of a ticket on sale for less than 250 euro be sure to let me kno. I will probably be buying before the end of this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sweeno wrote:
    Last years lineup was better, this year im only goin for the streets and snoop

Hardcore.

This years lineup is way better if you like rock. Come on Green Day, The Killers, Audioslave to name but a few. But thats just me i suppose.... btw after all this I'll probably get too drunk and/ or lost and end up in the campsite in someone elses tent (even though I have my own) and miss all the bands. So if you see a drunk Tipp man wandering/ staggering around the campsite muttering and looking for directions it'll probably be me.

Not to forget Queens of the Stone Age. Oh jesus I'll go mad if I dont get a ticket.

No beer and no Oxegen make Homer go Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i am working at oxegen as first aid staff. so i get in free. its gonna be fun. if anyone gets injured come find me.

if you lot were more charitable and volunteered with voluntary first aid services ye would get in for free too. alas. your all selfish with your time.
    LOL :D

sneaking in wont be an option. trust me. there are only two ways in, one is with tickets. and the other is as staff (or as pretend staff)

pretend staff it is. I'll just dress up in a big costume and say I'm an entertainer.

Or perhaps you could sneak me in as part of the first aid staff...or I could cover myself in fake blood and you could take me in saying I urgently needed to receive attention in the first aid tent. Jees that could actually work.

Fake blood... aw thats no fun!! :D:D

ok fine. minor self-induced injury then... I pump myself so full of steroids, I can't even feel pain anymore. Heck I even broke my own leg for fun..

Now you can too... thanks to Doctor D's self-enhancement strategy

Not that your self induced mutilation doesn't sound like fun but I think I'll just give the nice people at the gate my 2-day camping ticket!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Hmm.... sounds like a plan but where can I get this fabled 2-day camping ticket you speak of. It seems to me tis the stuff of legend. At this stage, my breaking my leg seems more like than getting a ticket.

Something like Willie Wonkas Golden Tickets ya!? :D Well I hope you get your ticket and if not but you manage to get in with your bloody dangerous techniques I'll see ya at the bacardi bar!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

the trick is to break your leg just outside the concert as the convoy of ambulances is entering. if your badly injured they will HAVE to bring you to the nearest medical facility. which you could argue is the Oxegen Hospital tent.
    otherwise just wait till a garda car, ambualnce, security van, road crew van, or other official looking vehicle stops in traffic and then strap yourself to the under carriage. just hope they dont take the cactus field road to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

friend of mine worked with the order of malta, and he jus turned up in his uniform and they let him in no bother

its also easy enough to sneak in somewhere afaik. but ive a ticket so screw you guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

i cant wait to go, it will be the highlight of the summer. ive never been to a concert before, so talk about breaking myself into them gently!we've a bus too, we could have filled it three times over!

• Advertisement

aw but if I break my leg I can't spend the weekend dancing around like a crazed lunatic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Heh I remember at Eminem at Punchestown a hoard of people just charged for the fence and tore it right down! I reckon a good 300-400 people got in for free! It was absolutily halarious... total stampiede!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Ive a ticket and I really really want to go but it looks like I mightnt be able to (long story).I wont know till about the start of July whether I can go or not but if Im not Id be happy to sell my ticket to someone in need :)Ill come back on to leaving cert thread to tell ye when I know.
    If I do go look at for me Ill be the one completely bol**xed with the dreads.

Hmmmmm.....come to think of it being drunk may not be so much of a distuinguishing characteristic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

having gone camping to oxegen for the last 2 years i've decided to move onto bigger and better things, mainly interrailing around europe for a month including a 4 day jaunt at exit festival in serbia. it's only €42 for 4 days and it's located on the banks of the Danube in a big fortress! it has massive headliners like Underworld and White Stripes to name but 2, plus a pint in the concert area is €1(and we thought oxegen were ripping us off! :p ) my favourite thing of all is how the performances start at 20:00 and end at 8:00 with the headliners coming on about sunrise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Sweeno wrote:
    they're not going to release more tickets , that rumour was true and it already happened. Now they are definitely sold out , have been for about 4 weeks.
    True. If you got on the Oxegen email mailing list they confirmed no further ticket releases about 4 weeks ago. It's gonna be great... QOTSA, Audioslave, Snoop, The Killers, wah!!!!! Plus kegs of Heineken! For those who didn't get tickets, HAHAHA in your face, you had months and months to buy them.
    Also, if you want a real post-leaving party, head to Inis Mór between next Saturday and July 1 and again between July 19 and 23.
    And if you're going abroad, Benicassim is the Music Festival of the Gods. Summer is here, go party folks!!!

griffdaddy wrote:
    having gone camping to oxegen for the last 2 years i've decided to move onto bigger and better things, mainly interrailing around europe for a month including a 4 day jaunt at exit festival in serbia. it's only €42 for 4 days and it's located on the banks of the Danube in a big fortress! it has massive headliners like Underworld and White Stripes to name but 2, plus a pint in the concert area is €1(and we thought oxegen were ripping us off! :p ) my favourite thing of all is how the performances start at 20:00 and end at 8:00 with the headliners coming on about sunrise!

that really does sound amazin , i wanted to do interrail this summer but ill hav to wait till next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Im going, leaving from Kerry about 40 of us i spose. And we got a bus to carry us all. €1000 up and down. Between all of us its €45 each/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Im going, leaving from Kerry about 40 of us i spose. And we got a bus to carry us all. €1000 up and down. Between all of us its €45 each/

Yo Sci0x where in Kerry are u from. I'm down South West side brother, respect. :cool:

And Deek if you do have a spare camping ticket please please e-mail me. Although I should probably have one sorted over the next week, possibly off eBay or this guy from Cork. But if you know for sure that you're not going please do e-mail me. I have no problem driving to whatever part of the country ur from if you're willing to give me a decent price.

• Advertisement

ah clare. didnt notice your thing there deek. sure thats no problem. I'll be up there quicker than you can say "oxegen ticket 4 sale"

Advertisement