Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ag science???

Options
  • 19-06-2005 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

just wondering is it too risky to leave out plant biology

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doctor D-Man

Heh..ag science eh. Is that as easy as they say.

I noticed last year they showed a pic of a snail and asked what animal is this :D
    and that was higher level.

Ok so it was the first quest but really, it insults our intelligence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

ah its easy enough but i just hate plant science you know high % of A's alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Actually its the same as all subjects, and i wonder did you know that you also had to name the phylum the snail belongs to? Plus there's loads of invertebrates tolearn off in that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

Dude,ag science is so not as easy as people think,theres so much stuff you need to know,like it goes into genetics almost as much as biology does.You need to know lots to be good at it.Otherwise its a fairly interestin subject,you learn important things,like holding conversations with farmers in the pub!
    Back to the topic at hand,yeah it would be fairly risky to leave out the whole section.If its too much for ya to learn,just try to get the gist of it,then you can always bull**** your way through the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

i absolutely love the subject, its so interesting and easy to learn, even though i have never actually sat at a desk and memorised pages, it just comes so naturally and if i get stuck on a quest, i think what wed do at home!Bogger at heart i know.....
    we never did much plant biology, but i suppose doing biology made up for that. its handy the way they overlap.has anyone any ideas or hints?we were told the liverfluke, grass, barley/sugarbeet, pigs.

oh Trish dont worry about those notes honestly, i kinda made out some form of my own during the weekend, just the essentials to get me through the question if it landed good for me!thanks so much for offering though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

no prob girl anytime sugarbeet and pigs i'm the same god i wish i was a farmer so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

heh, i overheard a girl talking about ag science yesterday, and all i heard was her mentioning about shoving a sponge up a sheeps vagina... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

that flushing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Makes all the sheep come into heat at the same time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

that flushing

I think its synchronisation. Ag. Science is definitely not an easy subject, you have to be quite specific with details and a lot of it is very similar to the biology course. I don't usually predict, but I think the nitrogen cycle will come up in some form, cereal crops as a full question and possibly an incomplete dominance genetics question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement