Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 19-06-2005 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

So the time has finally come where im in a position to put the car I have with a month on the road , I decided to pay the insurance by direct debit and most likely goin with quinn direct , they told me on the phone thats at 6.7% , thing is ive heard bad things and heard they really charge 17%.
    Does any other crowd do direct debit deals >?I cant get another bank loan to cover this out , and Something else has come up so I cant pay the lot at once.
    Any advice or recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i use a broker (frank glennon) 3 split payments cost a total of 30 euro extra over the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

cool where they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

AXA do 6.7% over 10 months or you can pay it over 6 months with no interest.
    If you have the cash pay it, otherwise direct debit is OK. Remember you are paying for the convenience. They can't charge you more than the advertised APR because of the Consumer Credit Act ( think that's the name of it ) and they would be fined.

Axa gave me a quote 500 more than quinn direct so I wont be going with them and i cant afford to pay up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You won't get quinn via a broker (normally, that's what the whole direct thing is about). Is there a parent or anyone like that that can lend you the money for a couple of months until you can repay them? Since you're a woman your quote probably isn't that ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

did you try hibernian for a quote,they seem to be cheap. i have been with them for 2 years. and i am only 20 and my quote is 1550 fully comp on a 2005 vw 1.4 golf.i am not a named driver its my own policy.

i got a quote from aza and they said over 6000 so they are rip off's

the quotes 1157 and i think they said 380 up front and then 80 a month or sumting to that effect , no i cant borrow the money , thats not an option , have any of ye went with mccarthy group?they gave me a good quote but I cant remember if they said I can pay by direct debit or not :confused:

I couldnt get an online quote with hibernian because I dont have a full license.Why what way do they let ya pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hibernian won't quote you under your own name unless you've had a full licence for 3 years or have a fairly substantial no claims built up. Possibly both. Bastards wouldn't quote me anyway (new full licence + 1 year's named driving on provisiona;) back in February.
    That quote you have from quinn is decent. I'm paying 1330 for TPF&T with the full licence on a 1.25 fiesta zetec. What kind of car are you driving, and what size is the engine?

its a 95 1.1l punto.
    ah its by far the best quote , im just worried about things ive heard about quinn direct an now when it comes to signing the policy im a little worried ya know , ive heard they can be pri*ks when ya pay be dd , although if the moneys in the bank for em every month there not much they can do to screw me is there>?First car an all im just worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stephen wrote:
    Hibernian won't quote you under your own name unless you've had a full licence for 3 years or have a fairly substantial no claims built up. Possibly both. Bastards wouldn't quote me anyway (new full licence + 1 year's named driving on provisiona;) back in February.
    That quote you have from quinn is decent. I'm paying 1330 for TPF&T with the full licence on a 1.25 fiesta zetec. What kind of car are you driving, and what size is the engine?

Friend of mine did the Hibernian Ignition course and got a good discount off them. Very little experience and had just got his drving licence. Takes one day to do and very worthwhile from the way he described it.

http://www.hiberniandirect.ie/direct/HibernianDirectWeb/ignition.jsp

and there is the Advanced Driving course which will also get you extra discounts -30% to be precise
    http://www.irishadvancedmotorists.ie/memberservices.php

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Im with Hibernian. Im paying €1630. Im 24, full licence for just under 6 years, 2 years NCB. 94 Accord 2.0. Found them nice and easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    cool where they based?

dublin, 01 707 5888

thanx ill chance givin em a ring tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I've had insurance through the AA for the past few years and they've consistently come up with better prices than the renewal.
    From what I've heard Quinns policies are a bit dodgy and they're inclined to be a bit tight when it comes to claims. 3 years ago I paid the AA on a monthly DD for 10 months. Check them out. 01-6179950

Advertisement