Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molting

• 19-06-2005 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Whats everyones experiences with molting?

Do you have any tips on reducing it or is there any treatments available?

My dog (which we got from paws about 2 years ago) constantly molts, most of the time its not that noticable but now in this weather he's losing hair by the minute. You can actually see where lumps of hair have just fallen out, and I do mean lumps. I can literally grab a handful of hair and it comes straight out, worryingly so. Is this normal or to be expected?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What type of dog is it?

Dogs can moult all year round especially with central heating etc.
    If the dog is a long hair then regular clipping and brushing will help.
    Other than that brush the dog daily to get rid of the loose hair.
    Our collie is short haired but needs to go to a groomers twice a year when she moults to get rid of the undercoat which can be hard to get at with a normal brush, other than that we brush/wash her ourselves.
    She moults heavily twice a year so I put her on Seven Seas moult tonic for a while it works great. You can get it in most pet shops and vets.

Advertisement