Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 19-06-2005 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i got tattoo`s in the early 70`s (yes i know am old) i am thinking of getting my grandchildrens names on my upper arms being as times have changed (i remember when) do i have to make appointment and how are prices arranged any advice would be helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

After calling Snakebite a rip off. you are now endorsing them.

My god you are an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

A tattoo is generally around 70 - 80e an hour, but this can be different depending on the size. Zulu have a minimum charge of €50 for really small pieces and touch ups etc, basically something that'll take 2 minutes to do will be a minimum of 50 squid...

Don't bother ringing to make an appointment, don't think any of the places in Dublin make phone arrangements... best bet is to go into the place, show them what you want to get done and they'll give you a quote for it... If it's a small piece with no colours I'd guess around 80 - 100 but anything big with colours in it is likely to be more...

Hope this helps but as I say, best bet is to call into a tattoo parlour (try Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green or Zulu in Temple Bar, beside Metalmorphosis upstairs over Skate City... both of whom seemed fairly sound when I got my tatts there) and ask them a price

Its ****ing twofaced is what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 grandpa

thank you all soooooo much glad i can just walk in for a small job just one more thing is that guy still at the top of caple st/ bolton st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

eddy eagle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

grandpa wrote:
    thank you all soooooo much glad i can just walk in for a small job just one more thing is that guy still at the top of caple st/ bolton st

That guy is still at the top of Capel St. the shop is called Eagle Tattoo.
    Things have changed a bit since the 70's however and although it is the oldest shop in Dublin it would be far from the best.
    Have a look at somewhere like Zulu Tattoo in Temple Bar, or Celestial Ring off Capel St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

YE zulu is great.. i've seen some really nice stuff come out of there...

• Advertisement

You can not, and i mean can not, call a place a rip off, saying it has a rep for overcharging. And then recommend that same place to someone else. sorry but that is just wrong. It'd be like me recommanding a band i detest to someone. mmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Matthew and solitaryman, cop on and quit your bickering.

Especially you solitaryman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Because you often make silly posts like the one on this thread which I have received complaints over (and no, they weren't from matthew)

Advertisement