Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam tomorrow doesnt seem so important right now

Options
  • 19-06-2005 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anything happened to anyone else during the exams that puts things into perspective? A friend of mine who i have been in school with for 15 years, his mother died today and it really makes you look past these exams.
    leaving accounting early tomorrow to get to the funeral mass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Thats really tough! The best of luck tomorrow with your exam and I hope your ok during the mass! You must be a great friend, what you are doing is very admirable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

that just proves how ****ty life is and it makes me wonder why i stressed out so much best of luck in the rest of your exams and as you've realised yourself already it's more important to be there for your friend good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Yeah there was a girl in our school whose father died just before her exams began (she does IB) on what also happened to be her 18th birthday. The IB board or whatever its called were really good about it she only had to do half her exams and they doubled her marks but still I don't know how she managed it must have been so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

My grandfather had a heart attack (not his first) the day befroe my irish oral, I'm not using that as an excuse for doing a crap oral but it was on my mind a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

the bus crash in navan really did it for me at least we got to sit the exams its awful.my friends mam was given two weeks to live exactly two weeks before we started the exams. it does really put everything into perspective-MACCER your obviously a really good friend and i hope someone does something that nice for you sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

My Grandad passed away on Sat, but I still had an exam this morning and another exam Wed. It certainly messed up study for physics, and re-arranging removal/funeral times around my exams hasn't helped, but I suppose I just have to get on with it, haven't had a chance to really think about it yet but I will on Wed when exams are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yeah Maccer, i know exactly what you mean. I mean there has been so much emphasis on these exams for the last 2 years and our whole education has been building up to a 3 hour exam. Pointless! Im just happy I didnt realise the futility of it all 2 years ago. All this just to get a course go to college, get a job and possible get married and die. Great!

Advertisement