Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics experiments

Options
  • 19-06-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

11pm the night before the exam? Not a clue what experiments to concentrate on?

Word on the street is:

1) Snell's Law
    2) Speed of Sound
    3) Simple Pendulum
    4) Specific Latent Heat (Vaporisation of water/fusion of ice)

Not so sure on the second two, but there you go anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

Two more I think are a pretty good bet: f prop. a/momentum; and apparent depth/real depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

f prop wots that?

you talking bout newtons second law?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

marclar wrote:
    1) Snell's Law
    Crap. :(
    2) Speed of Sound
    *runs away screaming* :eek:
    3) Simple Pendulum
    Crap
    4) Specific Latent Heat (Vaporisation of water/fusion of ice)
    myeh
    f prop. a/momentum;
    myeh
    and apparent depth/real depth.
    *runs away screaming again*

I've got a baaaaaaaaad feeling about this exam :( I studied for it alot aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

Johnerr wrote:
    f prop wots that?

you talking bout newtons second law?

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doctor D-Man

Dont worry bout physics. Probably a bit late for this but tis for any nighthawks out there. I say, if you're really screwed and don't know what to do just study

1. Experiments (do the likely ones, i'll list em below)
    2. Mechanics (easy)
    3. Electricity (always 2 qsts)
    4. Option (particle in my case - easy 13pages)

Then you even have a choice with that. 5 is always general, simple if you ask me. 2 elec questions, 1 option qst and maybe q12 or the q on mechanics. thats ur 5 q's from section B

3 out of 4 exps from A. couldnt be easier. learn the graphs and formulas from the popular 10exps and youll be sorted:

1.speed of sound
    2. F=ma
    3. snells law
    4. Heat capacity of water
    5. calibration curve
    6. pendulum

theyre my predictions. more people say
    7. ohms law
    8. measure velocity and acceleration
    9. focal length

we'll see whose right tomorrow won't we... Anyway good luck to everyone. Don't stress out too much though.

Damned chemistry still to go after this **** exam and the engineering. Oh the pain of it all :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

ahh I think I had two out of there. I had forgotten to look at the electrical experiments, but I had the characteristic curves covered myself, even though I didnt answer on them. The conservation of momentum was simplistic.

The speed of sound experiment came in useful for me as well, for the experiment to show that sound is also in the form of waves (can be interfered, therefore must be waves)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Or just set up 2 loudspeakers emitting sound of same frequency. Walk in front of them. You will experience increase in loudness and decrease due to con and destructive intereference. Sound is a wave motion.

Advertisement