Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A small thing

Options
  • 19-06-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible to use the quote function as well as the bold and italics in a normal reply without having to go advanced?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What's wrong with typing or in quick reply? I do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ah yeah, you're spot on...but I represent the lazy masses...I just saw it on another forum today and thought it could be a handy addition if it wasn't too much hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Go
    yourself, you lazy astard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Go
    yourself, you lazy astard.

I wonder what way fade2black should take that

Who moderates the moderators? I called someone a prick recently and got banned, and now I get called a lazy bastard just for asking a question in the feedback forum...Add to that whitewashman calling another user a kunt a little while ago. Don't see the point in having rules to be honest.

• Advertisement

look how his post messes up my quote post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

He has more privlilages than you. So shut up and take it

fade2black wrote:
    Who moderates the moderators? I called someone a prick recently and got banned, and now I get called a lazy bastard just for asking a question in the feedback forum...Add to that whitewashman calling another user a kunt a little while ago. Don't see the point in having rules to be honest.

id assume the SMods would have that power as so would the admins

Sparky_S wrote:
    id assume the SMods would have that power as so would the admins

To abuse other users?

fade2black wrote:
    To abuse other users?

No to moderate the mods.

ranks.
    ADMINS
    SMODS
    MODS.

Bottom of the list.

• Advertisement

I'll say no more about it. I reported the post and I'll leave it at that.

Cool, justice is a dish best served cold

(yeah i know its meant to be revenge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

/me looks at point

/me turns head to group of people looking in opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

While i agree with ya on the point that WWM called someone a **** yet wasn't banned is a load of ****, i think Karl was being sarcastic with his own post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fade2black wrote:
    Jeebus, some people need a humour transplant. There's no need to take it so seriously, Karl was making a joke. Believe me, I've seen him give abuse to people on boards. :)
    Also remember that the same rules don't apply to all forums. Abusing peope on After Hours will get you a ban because of the rules. On most other forums, there is no specific rule for it, so you'll usually just get a warning.

Is that what the thunderdome is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sparky_S wrote:
    Is that what the thunderdome is for?
    Aye. If two people decide to take a thread offtopic purely to abuse eachother, it should be thrown in the thunderdome, where they can call eachother whatever they like to their hearts' content.

Most people throw in a little wink when they're joking. I certainly don't need a humour transplant, I just don't think every user on here should be told what is funny and what's not based on what a moderator decides. Take a look at hobbes' thread next door and see an example or winkage being used....

As I said before this is probably just annoying cause i called someone who deserved to be called a prick a prick (not in AH) and got banned immediately (I had no problem with the ban or the mod who banned me, we all just like to see a level playing field.)

seamus wrote:
    Aye. If two people decide to take a thread offtopic purely to abuse eachother, it should be thrown in the thunderdome, where they can call eachother whatever they like to their hearts' content.

Right then seamus you and me, in the thunderdome, im in the mood for a fight, so bring it on. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Your all whiney fncks! ;););):):):):)

• Advertisement

I blame the hay fever

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oi he called them a fnck!
    ban ban ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

fade2black wrote:
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

zzzzz

How clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

So, in summary you want the simplified method of posting to be less simple.

Logic error: This thread will now close.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement