Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposition for a sticky

Options
  • 20-06-2005 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guys, I was thinking of something. I see a lot of people asking for opinions and stuff on anime but sometimes just for info about them. Do you think we could have some kind of a stick post where everyone can contribute in posting anime details, each thread of the post could be the summary of an anime, some chara description and an opinion ... I don't know but it could be cool and it would give us something to do during the night :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There's a million websites for information, character bios, plot summaries (and the dreaded "fan fiction") on anime and manga all over the net.

Some general review and informational sites include:
    www.animenewsnetwork.com
    www.anidb.net

Some resources particular to certain anime include:
    www.narutofan.com
    www.bleachportal.net

I personally don't like the idea of a sticky full of "OMG DBZ IZ SO COOL N MY FAVRITE CHRCTR IS D GUY WIT D AURA.

You could always start one of these websites, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Hi Cult, well it's not really how I meant, I was more saying that we could say pingoo decides to make a quick summary of series X, Y and Z and then someone else does other etc. but not a thread to give opinions etc, just an information thread more or less :D Well I see your point anyway and don't disagree with you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You mean a review thread.
    It's a good idea, but usually falls by the wayside after a while. Also if a lot of people contribute to it, it would just get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Makaveli wrote:
    You mean a review thread.
    It's a good idea, but usually falls by the wayside after a while. Also if a lot of people contribute to it, it would just get messy.

I agree ... well I could always create a part for it on my site where we could refer people to but I haven't started with the main site yet coz I have absolutely no time whatsoever at the moment T_T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I recommend AnimeNfo for that sort of thing.

A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tbh that's the same thing as suggesting going to a forum about say....fitness instead of having one here?why not do this place up :)

Advertisement