Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G and Bluetooth speed

• 20-06-2005 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I want to get a 3G phone for with bluetooth to pair to both my Toshiba laptop and Fujitsu Loox PDA

The Toshiba allows me to have a baud rate up to 960K, but the PDA only 115K with bluetooth dial up networking

What baud rate do current 3G phones (6630, 6680, V800) support?

Theres not much point in having a 384K connection if the baud rate is down at 115K :-(

Do any phones, PDAs support linking via Bluetooth network card ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you're unlikely to consistently (if ever) get a connection at the full 384kbps, hence all the info given by Voda will have 'up to 384kbps' mentioned

if it's a big deal for you, then hold off until there's an integrated Pocket PC Phone Edition solution, or the devices you require have Bluetooth 2.0 (with Enhanced Data Rate) built-in... but that will depend on how long you are happy to wait it out...

from using 3G with various devices managing to keep an on-going 3G session alive on the Vodafone network proved difficult anyway, and to be honest the cost of using data over a 3G connection is the main limiting factor at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 borg1967

you're unlikely to consistently (if ever) get a connection at the full 384kbps, hence all the info given by Voda will have 'up to 384kbps' mentioned

if it's a big deal for you, then hold off until there's an integrated Pocket PC Phone Edition solution, or the devices you require have Bluetooth 2.0 (with Enhanced Data Rate) built-in... but that will depend on how long you are happy to wait it out...

from using 3G with various devices managing to keep an on-going 3G session alive on the Vodafone network proved difficult anyway, and to be honest the cost of using data over a 3G connection is the main limiting factor at the moment...

Well even if it is not 384K all the time its better than 115K, hence my query re PDA to phone connection via Bluetooth, DUN only supports 115K

Advertisement