Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband In Limerick?

• 20-06-2005 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Is IBB in Limerick? someone in a thread told me IBB just went live
    in Limerick if so could anyone tell me what the packages for
    Limerick are like. Im goin to ring them but said id ask here first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

No Limerick is still in the stone ages. I have been waiting for broadband for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Apparently it is live but the coverage is crazy it only covers the soutside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

where is their transmitter located?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Apparently on top of the clarion hotel but dont hold me to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Deadlocked wrote:
    No Limerick is still in the stone ages. I have been waiting for broadband for years!

Stoneage wouldnt go that far iv 3mb broadband in limerick for ireland
    thats good so stone ages don know about that.

• Advertisement

Willem D wrote:
    Apparently it is live but the coverage is crazy it only covers the soutside.

Best bet is to just ring them il post what i find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Wise man

It is on the roof of the Clarion hotel and is 360 degree coverage. if you can see the clarion from your house you should be fine

im in caherdavin so i could be ok, is it wireless ya? same up as down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

i've got broadband..but then again im in the south side...

i've got broadband..but then again im in the south side...

Well done been on the bad side of town n all...ha slagin wit ya.

Im on the northside got 4mb line but crap upload so if this works out
    and i get 4 up and down il be beamin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

I called IBB last week and sent them an order form - I'm in the Caherdavin area, which they said they knew and that it was possible that I would have a decent signal. They gave me a lead time of two weeks.

I asked them to perform a LOS (line of sight) test from my house, which they said they would - on installation of the transceiver. If the signal was lossy, they would take the kit and go - no charge.

ma11achy wrote:
    I called IBB last week and sent them an order form - I'm in the Caherdavin area, which they said they knew and that it was possible that I would have a decent signal. They gave me a lead time of two weeks.

I asked them to perform a LOS (line of sight) test from my house, which they said they would - on installation of the transceiver. If the signal was lossy, they would take the kit and go - no charge.

sounds like we cant lose ma11achy only thing is i have dsl now if i get that out
    and los fails im screwed

Advertisement