Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Micro Broken.

• 20-06-2005 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

What can i do? REturn warranty? I bought it off boards and didnt get a receipt. Might try to get it if i can. Do i need a receipt?

It turns on and creative logo flashes on screen but thats it. When i plug it into pc, it makes grinding noise. I think its the hard drive. Anyone ever had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LSLFAN

You will probably need some proof of purchase but in any event you should contact Creative Labs. The European support centre is based in Dublin.

See the following Creative message board for similar problems and support info

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=dap

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

If you have your data saved, try formatting the hard drive in it. If the format stalls or gives an error message, the drive is most likely screwed and your only solution will be to contact Creative directly and check if they can offer you any options...

Remove your battery, hold the power switch to the left (as if you're trying to turn it on) and put the battery back in. After a few seconds, it should boot to a Recovery Mode and you can let go of the power switch. Before you do this, make sure the battery has a decent charge in it. You'll get four options, the second one I think is "Format All".

If it works, you can reload the music/data from scratch. If not, you definitely have to go down the RMA route...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Thanks.
    I tried a foramt yesterday but it stalled during it. Well i think it did. It just said format on it for about an hour or more but i think actually did nothing.
    I'll ring creative again and see what they can do for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, not a good sign joc_06...

The format on my working unit basically takes about a minute tops - if it sat on "Format" for an hour, then an RMA is the only course of action. Good luck with it.

Advertisement