Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st game review (doesnt count its gamepsy)

Options
  • 20-06-2005 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Oh shockingly Gamespy gave it
    100%

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-2/626911p1.html
    Which makes it better than every game ever made.
    FFS their name is plastered all over the game.
    PROS

Great maps with well-balanced vehicles and weapons. Rewarding teamplay. Great team organization tools. Full stats tracking
    CONS

Very limited single-player with poor AI. No bots in multiplayer. Steep video card requirements.

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I too was very disappointed with the poor AI in single-player and also the fact that you only get access to 10 of the 12 maps but I wouldn't call the gfx card requirements steep after seeing how many have gotten the game to work on older cards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I thought the AI in the full version was better then the demo. I saw bots tearing around after each other in aircraft and making a decent stab at flying choppers.

Im disapointed with the weapons. The chinease have alot of the same weapons as the MEC and in some cases they arn't as good. There isn't alot of differance between any of the armys. The new maps are very nice looking. Alot of sniper opertunities :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

Another Review at Firing Squad

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Here's a tip from the Firing Squad review :

Loading screens

EA, DICE and God only knows who else crammed a myriad of splash screens which take longer to view than the game does to load. Go into your "\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\mods\\bf2\\Movies" folder and remove all files except "menu.bik" and "menu_loggedin.bik". You might want to keep "Intro.bik", but you can move it to a different folder. Again, not really a con, this is here just to save you some headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

how can they give it that score and gives cons :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement