Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge of the Sith

• 20-06-2005 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Anyone else been playing this? Its an enjoyable little game, very similar to the lotr games (may well be the same engine/developers).

Whats the craic with the lack of a proper co-operative mode though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

its a game based on a movie :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

its a game based on a movie :rolleyes:
    Sharp as a tack, you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I think the game sux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Irish GrumPy & Flunked, thanks for your stunningly insightful & thought provoking comments

what do you expect? games based on movies hav a 70% suck ass rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think he expects you to not pointlessly troll his thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Didn't think much of it on single player - gets kinda boring after a while to be honest.

The 2 player versus mode though is great fun. This is what myself & my brother spent all our time playing.

The co-operative mode is fairly ridiculous, the developers did a half-assed job with it.

Verdict: Versus is a lot of fun but the rest is forgettable - rent it instead of buying it.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I think he expects you to not pointlessly troll his thread. :rolleyes:

That would be it alright. Why bother posting when your contributing exactly zero. Youve made 150 posts in the month since youve joined. Vast majority are tripe.

SofaKing wrote:
    Didn't think much of it on single player - gets kinda boring after a while to be honest.

The 2 player versus mode though is great fun. This is what myself & my brother spent all our time playing.

The co-operative mode is fairly ridiculous, the developers did a half-assed job with it.

Verdict: Versus is a lot of fun but the rest is forgettable - rent it instead of buying it.

Havent really got into the versus mode as much. Ive had a few battles alright. Ill need to clear the normal game to unlock everyone in versus. Maybe that will make it more enjoyable.

Really dissapointed with the co-op mode. 4 half assed levels which arent even in the normal game does not make a co-op mode. I mean the other jedi is on screen for nearly the entire game anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

skywalker wrote:
    That would be it alright. Why bother posting when your contributing exactly zero. Youve made 150 posts in the month since youve joined. Vast majority are tripe.
    That's a bit harsh, he's given some good advice regarding xbox modding. You got annoyed just because he didnt like your game which was very obviously what he was saying i.e. games based on movies are generally just trying to cash in on the franchise and therefore they are often crap.

btw I think the game is a pile of monotonous linear crap too maybe that's why I understood exactly what he meant in his post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Revenge of the shyt tbh.
    I was playing a bit of it in the backroom in work a while back... it's really bad.

• Advertisement

That's a bit harsh, he's given some good advice regarding xbox modding. You got annoyed just because he didnt like your game which was very obviously what he was saying i.e. games based on movies are generally just trying to cash in on the franchise and therefore they are often crap.

btw I think the game is a pile of monotonous linear crap too maybe that's why I understood exactly what he meant in his post :D

Ive no problem with anyones opinion on this game or any other. Its not "my game". I didnt make it. I just tried to get a bit of discussion going on it. I stand by what I said. He posts a lot of shyte ala above.

Back on topic Ive nearly finished the game at this stage & it is starting to wane a bit. It will be done with this weekend and confined to the shelf. Oh this game could have been a lot more fun with a co-op mode.

It's EA and using the same game engine as the LOTR games, you cannot change the camera angles, and it is very linear, it's also short, i'd say SWbattlefront2 should be good, that has online multiplayer too.

Finished ROTS over the weekend. I actually really enjoyed the bonus levels, where they let you play as grievous, yoda, & even darth vader.

Dunno why an extra level or 2 with you playing as yoda in the main game wasnt included seeing as he was a playable character in the bonus levels.

Its worth doing the last level a second time as you get to play as anakin & theres an alternative ending.

mnea, the sound effects are cool, but the linear game engine, that has no camera control, and is used in just about every movie game EA use, really pisses me off, Batman begins, that game sucks too, but for some reason (maybe they listened to me) EA lets the player control the camera, which is cool. :rolleyes:

Id agree with you to an extent that its an EA special, and aknowledge it certainly has its faults. But I enjoyed playing through it & was surprised by how much extra effort they went to making the bonus levels (particularly the last one, dont want to go ruining anything for anyone but they put in 2 characters which were completely unused in the game, same with the setting.)

The versus mode could be fun with a few mates/beers. Havent really tested it out yet.

If you have beers/few mates, get yourself a ethernet hub and play some Halo:CE OOOOhhhh yeah. :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a load of generic hack and slash crap.

Seems the linear boring EA movie licensed hack and slash game is becoming the new Ocean generic movie license run and gun game :D

What Retr0 means to say is, EA suck :D

Never really enjoyed either halo game. Ive played it with 2 boxes connected & 8 players & still didnt find it enjoyable.

You guys cant get past that I some fun with this game?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I reckon if it was made by someone else a lot less people would hate it. EA make a lot of people's minds up before they even see or play the thing and then incite extra rage when it ends up being discussed. If you enjoyed it fair play to ya, the reviews round here are slightly biased..

• Advertisement

Well then skywalker your game preference, is obviously linear, EA, movie, single player, crap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Erm, hate to burst the EA-bashing here, but the game is actually by LucasArts...

Published by EA, and it uses EA's moive game engine, same one it the LOTR games.

Well then skywalker your game preference, is obviously linear, EA, movie, single player, crap :rolleyes:

Oh for gods sake get off your high horse & stop looking down your nose at someone else for enjoying something you didnt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You may have had fun with it (it definitely wasn't a painful experience that something like FFX-2 was) but there is far better games out there that you could have spent your money on. I can see how somebody could enjoy it but for 60 euros (or much much less) there are an almost infinite range of games that I would buy over this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I only played in on the PS2.

But I'd agree with most of the opinions here, there really isn't much to it. And why the heck are there no levels with Darth Sidious? He had lots to do in the film, would it have killed them to include some levels with him.

The versus mode is can be fun... especially using the force to pick up an object and smash it into your opponents face. Alec Guinness' Obi Wan is particularly great. But why are there two characters in there that no one has ever heard about, or cares about?

And yes. Generally film tie-ins are terrible, and that goes doubly so for Star Wars movie tie-ins.

Lego Star Wars is a much better game.

Battlefront is cool too, i didnt mean to "look down" on you skywalker, just as retro said, some cheaper games could have given any gamer a better expeirence, i hope you enjoyed it, but i would find it hard to enjoy for €60.

I didnt actually go out & pay 60 bills for it (Im not elaborating on that as Ive no desire to be banned, lets say I got a lend of it)
    Battlefront is cool too, i didnt mean to "look down" on you skywalker

No problems, your post above annoyed me though.
    just as retro said, some cheaper games could have given any gamer a better expeirence, i hope you enjoyed it, but i would find it hard to enjoy for €60.

We cant all like the same games, differant strokes for differant folks (I realise the irony of making this comment about an EA game) & as Ive said above I didnt go out & pay €60 for the priviledge.
    But I'd agree with most of the opinions here, there really isn't much to it. And why the heck are there no levels with Darth Sidious? He had lots to do in the film, would it have killed them to include some levels with him.

The only reasons I could think of is that A) yoda wouldve been to hard to code, but there again he does have his own playable character in the bonus levels. B) they didnt want to give away the entire film plot in the game.
    But why are there two characters in there that no one has ever heard about, or cares about?
    Agree it was a strange move to have them in it & involved in saber battles when palpatine was left out. Maybe thats how the film originally went & they were edited out?

And yes. Generally film tie-ins are terrible, and that goes doubly so for Star Wars movie tie-ins.

Lego Star Wars is a much better game.

Completely agree & thats why I started this thread, I didnt think this was as bad as the usual star wars game fodder. (The last really good star wars game I remember was empire on the super nes)

Might give lego star wars a look, although it seems like a really terrible idea for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

skywalker wrote:
    Might give lego star wars a look, although it seems like a really terrible idea for a game.
    Oh it's very good fun. And it covers all the prequels... and also a bonus level from episode IV that I have yet to unlock.

You can also unlock pretty much any character you want as well. You can even play as Droid Dekas. It also features a proper co-operative play mode. And the amount of character and charm that the little lego guys give off is far above the quality of the acting in Episode III.

Oh, there is even a pretty nifty level for the Battle of Courusant where you get to fly around in a space ship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement