Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone €100 off - have I been ripped off?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Drapper wrote:
    Get on to Advertising standard agency ! 01 804 9600 lodge a complaint

I have done. Got a postcard from ASAI today to say they're looking into my complaint.

Vodafone emailed me today asking for a contact number so they can call me to discuss the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

eth0_ wrote:
    I have done. Got a postcard from ASAI today to say they're looking into my complaint.

Vodafone emailed me today asking for a contact number so they can call me to discuss the matter.
    I would keep all dealing in writing. Them calling you weakens your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bond-007 wrote:
    I would keep all dealing in writing. Them calling you weakens your position.

Weaken what position exactly?

Eth0 feels like she has been hard done by and that is fair enough but you lot are taking it a little too seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Weaken what position exactly?

Eth0 feels like she has been hard done by and that is fair enough but you lot are taking it a little too seriously...

Dude he is entitled too ! 100 yoyos is alot of money! I'd push it as hard as I can !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I bought one of the V980 phones in the Vodafone store in Limerick two weeks ago. When I was in I was told that the price was €149 but you needed to trade in an old phone to get that price. I just brought in an old Ericsson 688 that I had from 1998 (my first phone, ahh) and put it in the recycle bin. Actually, when I did that the girl at the desk didn't seem all that bothered if I had a "trade in" phone or not.

The advert is definitely misleading or even a blatant lie. You don't actually need to trade in an old phone, especially if you buy online as it's up to you to bring in the old phone to one of the stores. Saying this is a €100 discount for trade in is just wrong. If your old phone is worth something (I had a 3200 which I gave to my mother but is probably worth maybe €50) then you were basically robbed of that amount as you needn't have traded it in at all.

Let us know how you get on with ASAI and Vodafone eth0_ anyway. I'm interested to know how this pans out. Maybe I should demand my 688 back :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

I marched into Vodafone Store on a very well know street with 4 crisp 50 notes in my hand and said I presume I dont need to bring in my phone to purchase the 6630 and with a shake of the head he sold it to me . They all have sales targets to meet so they couldn't care less.

Anyway if you want to really piss vodafone off and really stick it to them register an ISO9002 complaint in writing and that will really make them stand up .

Just got this reply from Vodafone:

We have investigated the issues raised with our Retail Manager who advised
    that customers porting in to a network when purchasing
    a handset do not incur a porting pack charge €12. She has raised this
    matter with the Store Manager who has apologised and he will act to prevent
    any similiar ocurrance of this in the future. She has credited the €12.00
    to your mobile account in this regard.

With regard the handset advertisement you refer to - Vodafone advertise the
    3G Motorola V980 handset as now only €149* *trade in any phone and get
    €100 off.
    Terms and Conditions apply - this handset was €249 however Vodafone have
    reduced the price by €100 with trade in of any phone.

We regret that you feel "ripped off" as Vodafone have reduced the price of
    this handset substantially so that all our Ready to Go customers can avail
    of a handset with 3G services we currently
    offer also offering customers pre-loaded credit with the handset. We have
    on this occasion credited your mobile account with a further €50 as a
    gesture of goodwill in view of your representations.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,963 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jeez - i'm gonna start complaing bout stuff - vodafone don't think they have done anything wrong and gave you €50 to make up for it!

Tauren wrote:
    jeez - i'm gonna start complaing bout stuff - vodafone don't think they have done anything wrong and gave you €50 to make up for it!

Well they admitted I should not have been charged for porting my number, it's just a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Well you didnt deserve it and fair play to them if it gets rid of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope this is not on condition of dropping the asai complaint.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I hope this is not on condition of dropping the asai complaint.

I never mentioned the ASAI complaint to vodafone actually, and the credit has already been applied to my account. :)

Advertisement