Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tuning box for an A4

Options
  • 20-06-2005 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any advice as regards a tuning box for an Audi A4. It's currently 90BPH but I hear if I add I tuning box I can get up to 110BPH. Question is:

Where do I get one?

Will it effect my insurance?

Are there any negatives effects on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tuning box? Do you mean a new ECU?
    If so it will probably affect your fuel mileage (in a negative manner). Not 100% on the insurance, but if you don't tell the insurance company about it you're probably not covered any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The tuning box for diesels can be got from Martin Treacy in Westward percision engineering in enfield. He's well known in the tuning world and has worked with tuning box's on a heap of TDi's.

If you get one fitted you will gain more engine power and torque, so best inform your insurance company and have it noted on your policy - make sure you get proof of this, and not just some telesales person saying "yeah, will do that right away"

here's the numbers:

Phone: 040541622
    Fax: 040541622

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks for the info ciarsd. Will a tuning box have any negative effects on the car?

to my knowledge - no, no negative effects. there are quite a few folk I know running with them with no probs. and there are a couple of lads running with the Revo chip in petrol cars with no probs

edit http://www.tuningbox.com/ANG/p1.ang.php /edit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

if u want ecu call incar tech in bray they do these and car garages are going to him as he does a great job

name ed
    phone 012869773

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Zena

I purchased a tuning box from this place, I fitted it really easy, Very good to deal with and seems to know what they are on about.

www.rocketdiesel.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

daveg wrote:
    Will a tuning box have any negative effects on the car?

Your car will smoke a LOT more under hard acceleration, also you may get problems with the MAF sensor at some stage. But you can pick up a mercedes MAF for half the price of a VAG one. Also any performance upgrades will have an effect on the long life of your engine.

Common sense really.

Advertisement