Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jes computers?

• 20-06-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience from buying from Jes Computers in Germany?

http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=20313

If so, how was it? Does the government get you on customs or anything. What about after sale service?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but you're going to end up with the German keycaps and the German version of Windows XP, aren't you?

It's inside the Union so they won't knobble you for VAT. 1992 and all that.

Be interested to hear how it goes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but you're going to end up with the German keycaps and the German version of Windows XP, aren't you?

It's inside the Union so they won't knobble you for VAT. 1992 and all that

Ah.....Thanks. I got their name off these boards, so I assume some people have bought off them and the keyboards were OK. I'll ask them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

KenH wrote:
    Ah.....Thanks. I got their name off these boards, so I assume some people have bought off them and the keyboards were OK. I'll ask them though.
    I've used them for components, but never full systems. You will get stuck with a german keyboard (qwertZ layout, very annoying - especially if you're a touch typist). You'll also have a german language OS installed. You may be able to use the licence key on an english language version of the OS, I don't know if it actually works though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

You can get the laptop from ebuyer (UK) for £1058.05 (about €1,581).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

KenH wrote:
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience from buying from Jes Computers in Germany?

http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=20313

If so, how was it? Does the government get you on customs or anything. What about after sale service?

Thanks.

hello Kenh i was in the same boat as you a few months ago ordered This
    off gericom an absolute steal at that price excellent laptop,
    also they gave me english keyboard and english version of windows at no extra charge, delivery was in 4 days, the are wonderful no problems, and the dvd drive is like a car stereo you just pop disc in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

That is some price!

How much did it end up costing including shipping?

chump wrote:
    That is some price!

How much did it end up costing including shipping?

Are you talking to me? if so I got it for €1380 inc shipping, the price was a bit cheaper a few weeks ago, shipping costs €50

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll let you know what happens.

I just got an email saying they only do German keyboards. Lucky I posted here first! Thanks. I guess I'll have to get it in England. Still alot cheaper than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Sandals wrote:
    hello Kenh i was in the same boat as you a few months ago ordered This
    off gericom an absolute steal at that price excellent laptop,
    also they gave me english keyboard and english version of windows at no extra charge, delivery was in 4 days, the are wonderful no problems, and the dvd drive is like a car stereo you just pop disc in!

Hey Sandals,
    how is the build quality on the laptop? also, would the screen be on a par with a dell or sony?

ta...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

jayneemac wrote:
    Hey Sandals,
    how is the build quality on the laptop? also, would the screen be on a par with a dell or sony?

ta...

id say they are in a leaque of their own on that one! Rubbish!

jayneemac wrote:
    Hey Sandals,

ta...

Yo sorry for the delay am on holidays in deutschland now, the build quality in my un expert opinion is perfect, I am using a dell now and the keys feel sticky and it is much bulkier, the Gericom is very flat and wide, I dont exactly know what you mean by buils wuality but it seems great to me, no loose or fiddly bits, there is a thread on this laptop called did anyone but the lidl laptop or sommething a month ago it was around, try searching it!

Thse screen is very high quality very large and flat and perfect for watching movies from oher side of room

Auf Weidersprechen

Advertisement