Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV & port 3389

• 20-06-2005 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm on UTV, and for the life of me, I can't enable Remote Desktop over the WAN. I have my router set up to redirect port 3389 to the PC, but I just can't connect to it using the WAN IP address. Is it possible the UTV are blocking it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've used remote desktop on UTV in the past. Have you got a firewall that might be blocking the inbound traffic to that port on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the_vick

I've unblocked the port in Windows Firewall and the scope is set to any computer (including those on the internet). It's wreckin' my head :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

Have you set up NAT to translate the wan ip to the local one?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the_vick

Yep, I've enabled NAT; I've just no way to test that port forwarding is actually working. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

does it work on the LAN? check this always first before pointing the finger at your isp. They have no reason to block 3389 so it should be wide open.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Hi there... try this to see if the port is available to externals IPs

http://myserver.org/CustomPortSniff.asp?port=3389&Submit=Submit

If it doesn't show up it's a port forwarding or firewall issue, if it does and you can't connect it could be something else.

Are you trying to connect to your own external IP address from another PC on your network? If so that won't work through a NAT.

Advertisement