Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planetarion Galaxy

• 29-03-2001 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Ok, im defenite i understand how it will be working, we will be given a few days to sing up for PA before the next round begins, so ill set up the gal, post the p/w here, register irc channels etc. T'will be grand. Should we decide on GC/MOC/MOD here or wait til we get in the gal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

yer im game for summit like that
    i assume u will be regging early to grab a single figure cluster galaxy

i can get 1 or 3 other lads to join up to fill the gal also

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't think we'll have a problem filling the galaxy tbh, we may even need a second boards one smile.gif We'll sort out all the positions and that when we get in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I can set up a gal for the also rans who didnt get into the first gal, all i ask is that one space is saved for a friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

wouldnt mind joining that Galaxy with you all

i just broke 35 million today for the second time, after i was raped by legion last time...

so if you are looking for ppl to join up gimme a shout

Wyvvvy

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I am fairly active in PA
    great score and I would like to be in the irish gal, there will only be one kinda bad thing frown.gif during peak times, it will be hard to get someone defence redface.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Gamb, with my current gal, we are the best in our cluster by far, but there is 3 of us that will defend anyone. If you think thats good fine, but i dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, as yis know im well up for it as well.
    but i think wed better arrange for 2 people to get 2 galaxies together. i said this before, and there is enough players for 2 galaxys and we seem to be pretty active. plus we have dead-o who likes to spend all night in work so we have defence at night smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Gamb, with my current gal, we are the best in our cluster by far, but there is 3 of us that will defend anyone. If you think thats good fine, but i dont.</font>

Eh, I never said that, My Galaxy has 25 Active ppl that will ALL defend everyone in my Galaxy, We work really well together but unfortunately a few of the players are joining their alliances Galaxys frown.gif What I was suggesting was a way of increasing our numbers because unfortunately That is the only way to deter ppl from attacking you.. Strength is in Numbers these days..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    Gamb, with my current gal, we are the best in our cluster by far, but there is 3 of us that will defend anyone. If you think thats good fine, but i dont.</font>

what is your galxey score and cords ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Hoi celt, get yer ass on pa IRC, its easier to talk to ye there smile.gif

Also, about the arranging for the positions, i'd say it would be easier to arrange on irc? We could get an irc room set up on panet and meet there sometime or something smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Advertisement

When the reset comes we should set up enough boards galaxies so that everyone who wants can get into one, and have them all in a hind of informal alliance, slap a bit of a tag in the names and help each other out where possible, we could maybe use this board to organise things, or if it's posible a seperate passworded board for us would be nice for people like me who spend a lot more time on the boards than playing PA smile.gif

The IRC channel is a good idea too, one on the PA irc network is a must, but maybe another on quakenet for those who cant be bothered with PA IRC too.... I don't know, we'll see when we get into it I suppose smile.gif

Rich ya bum, ive been on since 3:30 :/

sure make 2, but spreadin irish people into liek 10 gals is a bit far gamb wink.gifwhy dont you set up the 2nd one?Rich, mills Oj and WWman are with me if they dont mind, ive got around 7 international friends and a few RB coming in, so we shouldnt have too much space but we could take another 7 or 8. Oj 129:15 is 130 mil and double the next best gal in c129. Sure we suck, butwe suck better wink.gif Oh are you Rath Nidean or soemthing?

wtf only 130mil ?
    sure my galxey is like over 2billion smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Why not get 20 ppl each to fill up 3-5 Galaxys? and leave the rest of the space for freebies to join up? That way if we get 60 ppl joined up we can still decide the GC\MOC\Mod because we have strength of numbers, but we have an extra 15-30 ppl to add to our numbers too smile.gif

I think we can easily get 15-20 ppl per galaxy for 3-4 Galaxys at least if all get our friends and a few existing Galaxy m8's together.. (I have 12 ppl for my new Galaxy already not including anyone from this place ;P)

Gamb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Not everyone is that lucky Oj, if you started in a crappy galaxy, you'd still be at 100k with 14 roids tongue.gif

BTW. count me in for this IE galaxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

me thr33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

dit are settin one up as well
    so maybe we can try for the same cluster or is the possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Spanking idea old chap.
    But how can we be sure that some other m0ng collective hasn't claimed said cluster as their breeding ground?

SONIC.gif

I've been told you can't choose your cluster frown.gif

• Advertisement

Nah Fanj, you eitehr say your in or out, not that we will be your seconds....

did I say that I would be in ?

No Oj, you hinted at it slightly but nnever said it.

Ok I might take my friends planet
    he is not playing pa nomore
    I will put his planet in the irish gal smile.gif

You mean, you want to multi in 2 gals ? wink.gif

Were running out of time now, so are we going with one or two galaxies? I can set up one ( this does not mean however that i want to be GC or anything biggrin.gif) and whitelancer can set up the other one, i figure if we get at least 10 in each gal that would be plenty.

And if there is an alliance, will it be an official one?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm up for it too.
    Please don't make up some vomit inducing alliance name like Gael-force 8 or anything.
    My head hurts at the prospect of muppets already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

If my gal breaks up Iwill join with you guys! If you let me tongue.gif. Otherwise I'm staying with Fury :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

i want in,
    me me me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

any chance of a place in the gal

Whites gal will be full, not just 10 membs smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ive been very active in PA recently, and Id very much like to be in a decent galaxy. I did manage to get 1.7 million score after 4 days smile.gif (got that free metal smile.gif).

If one of these irish galaxy is willing to take me.....?

You don't really need to ask if you can be in the galaxy smile.gif, it'll be open to everyone, and there will be enough room in boards galaxies for anyone from these boards who wants to join one, I'll start a new galaxy for anyone that doesn't get a space in the first one, if needs be.

Winning Hand is setting upthe 2nd one mills will you be in my gal? wan'

Ah cmon now, at least leave me some people frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hinch

i sugget that all of you that used to be FA come have a little chat to me on irc before creating galaxys it may be quite a god idea for you to get into an FA tagged galaxy

Hmmmmm, I think it'd be more fun to be in a boards galaxy myself, maybe we could join it into FA, I dunno. smile.gif

Mm, being in an RB tagged gal might have a few more benefits than FA wink.gif(Me and white are both RB full membs now, so you know the gal is in good hands :P ) (Btw, take it celt j00 inactive h0e :P )

Hinch, whats the difference between a FA tagged boards gal and a FA tagged FA gal ?

Rich you inactive spam h0e ****0red king of spam land :/

I wuv j00 t00 ! wink.gif

• Advertisement

Just read hinches rules for the galaxy. Thats a way to have fun (sarcasm). If anyone is in my gal the only rules are
    1.You are reasonably active (once per week)
    2.IRC not necessary, but it helps smile.gif
    3.Have fun
    4.If you do decide to quit you could, instead of lowering the gal score, offer your place to someone from the boards.

Ill post the password onto the boards here.

Plus has anyone been working on a name for this "alliance" smile.gif

Hand, gl gh and hf, how about we call our gals The Fortress?

How about Twin Fortresses ? Since there'll be two gals like smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Winning Hand:
    Just read hinches rules for the galaxy. Thats a way to have fun (sarcasm). If anyone is in my gal the only rules are
    1.You are reasonably active (once per week)
    2.IRC not necessary, but it helps smile.gif
    3.Have fun
    4.If you do decide to quit you could, instead of lowering the gal score, offer your place to someone from the boards.

Ill post the password onto the boards here.

Plus has anyone been working on a name for this "alliance" smile.gif
    </font>

if these are your rules then you are not a very good player.
    rule 1, must be active, once a week login?
    you cant actually get less active without losing your account. active is logging in twice a day. very active is staying on all day. thats the sort of people you want int an active galaxy and anyone who doesnt make the effort should be ****ed out of the galaxy.

wwman, my rulse were a lot diff, login at least twice a day, must be on irc at least twice a week for gal meetings etc.

well WL, if you notice i never mentioned you in my post and the quote was from winning hand.
    if there is to be a 'boards' galaxy/ies
    then we must figure out now what is going to happen.
    1)we need someone to set up a galaxy. actually. as before, we need 2 galaxies together. preferable in the same cluster, so i think someone should create 2 galaxies at the same time.
    2)rules need to be made up. simple rules. log on twice a day if possible. preferably have 'active' people who log in about 20 times a day like myself.
    3)names of people who want be in galaxies.
    4)preferably have someone in fury in both galaxies.

thats about it, its easy and its simple.
    can we get that together? can we agree on that at least and can we do it now ?

Hey, i was just trying to be reasonable. There are some days where i cant get onto planetarion and/or irc so for me to demand entire commitment would be hypocritical to say the least. Obviously rules 1 and four contradict each other as anyone who is considered in their own mind to be active would be loging in at least daily.

(dr evil voice)
    Throw me a frikking bone here

Well wwman, who do you recommend to set up the 2nd gal?

Well how bout two people set one up at same time, we fill up mine that night with whoever is online and post the p/w to the second one here and let that fill up slower?

On reflection a more select entry to the first boards galaxy might be a better idea, don't want it crippled by inactives I suppose..... like WWman said, a few big alliance members would be nice to keep us off their target lists. One account per person in the first galaxy too I think, if you want to multi have your 2nd account somewhere else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement