Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ticketmaster won't let my computer buy any tickets...for anything..

• 20-06-2005 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Need help here: it says I need to turn on cookies and graphics, now I have gone to the tech info part of the ticketmaster site and done everything it said via Internet Options etc but no luck

here's exactly what it says after I've selected tickets:

You must have graphics and cookies turned on to purchase tickets. If graphics and cookies are turned on, click on the 'Back' button and go through the request seats page again, making sure that you allow time for all of the graphics to completely load and display on the screen.
    Please make your corrections and try again

this is extremely annoying, I missed out on U2 standing tickets cos of this (but eventually after, I got U2 seats via my flatmates laptop that time but in the wasted time I missed the standing tickets)

is this a problem for anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

try using firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Try setting the Security and Privacy options in Internet options to Medium. the clear temp, cookies and history files then try ticketmaster again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

id say most likely your blocking cookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

What sort of Firewall / security software are you running? Is Norton installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ergo

actually, now that you mention it, this problem may only have started since I installed the MacAfee security thing

I've tried all the Internet options solutions, accepting all cookies etc and still nothing, must have a look at my MacAfee security centre,

I knew I should have sorted this out before more U2 tickets were released, lucky the flat mate left his laptop lying around for that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Yeah, I had the same probs ordering the tickets.
    I had to disable my firewall which is set to disable cookies....Kerio Personal Firewall in my case.
    Just disable yours for a min or two to get them tickets ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ergo

OK, thanks everyone, I've managed to sort it out

I tried disabling the "Personal Firewall Plus" but that still didn't help, then I disabled the Privacy Service (these are both part of the McAfee security centre, anyway,, neither of these worked

then I went into the Privacy Service section where you can designate specific acceptable sites for cookies and "www2.ticketmaster.ie" seems to work for this one (as opposed to just "www.ticketmaster.ie")

anyway, cheers everyone, and now watch out credit card!

Advertisement