Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If mods break the rules, how are they punished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

calling someone a prick is an offensive personal insult,saying you are a lazy bastard
    means you do not do much exercise and prefer not to do menial tasks and that,in his opinion,your parent are not married. this is not abuse.;)

Lay off the guy will ya! I'm seeing this thread exploding into a flame war very soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lay off the guy will ya! I'm seeing this thread exploding into a flame war very soon.
    i wasn't laying into the guy?whats going on?
    bit of humour,come on,didn't ya see the wink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

;););););););););) are very important.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i wink with my left eye,i feel that emoticon is a little unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

fade2black wrote:
    I was banned from a forum I regularly post on for calling someone a prick. That's fair enough, I accepted it. I asked a legitimate question on feedback regarding a quicker way to reply to messages with quotes and italics etc and the response was to be called a lazy bastard and then the thread was ultimately locked.
    You were accused of being lazy, after you complained about having to take a simple action to acceive something. That is lazy. Now, the addition of "bastard" makes the point more insulting, but the point stands, it's not just vulgar abuse and a greater degree of leeway will be given my most mods on most forums (just how much depends on the mod and the forum).

The thread was locked because the original post was illogical and the thread was therefore pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Not to inflame the thing further, but why was it illogical? That feature is used on many other forums and I just thought it would be useful on this one.

illogical because it saves about one seconds time and the feature is already available.
    it gives busy people work to change it for no reason.

Ah right, well like spell checks and a lot of other things in the feedback section, it was just a suggestion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

Have you rapscallions no dignity. Reinstate that Mod pronto. Its painful whine can be heard reverberate through the cirques and corries of Boards.

What a bunch of 'miss nancies' - i didnt say that it it was Bill the Butcher's adversary The Priest.

pcwares wondering (for a nano) how any of you get any.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Reinstate what mod?

• Advertisement

i think wtf is what tha post is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

fade2black wrote:
    Ah right, well like spell checks and a lot of other things in the feedback section, it was just a suggestion.

I withdraw my congratulations and instead offer this.

lol fair enough, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was banned for a week recently for saying that I felt that Limerick was depressing and grey. Was just my opinion & was said subsequent to a post where some poor girl had her jacket and phone robbed and her handbag was pissed in......

...... Indeed depressing and grey.

Have also seen a number of instances where Mods seem to pounce on anything witty or harmlessly funny....Humour is a big part of these boards and the "Police" need to step back occasionally methinks.

but... hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Raiser wrote:
    I was banned for a week recently for saying that I felt that Limerick was depressing and grey. Was just my opinion & was said subsequent to a post where some poor girl had her jacket and phone robbed and her handbag was pissed in......
    ...... Indeed depressing and grey.
    Have also seen a number of instances where Mods seem to pounce on anything witty or harmlessly funny....Humour is a big part of these boards and the "Police" need to step back occasionally methinks.
    As i recall it was
    Raiser wrote:
    This was Limerick I presume - what a dreary, grey, hopeless hole of a place....
    And if you had read the charter you would have found
    Nukem wrote:
    Thread Content
    There is no point of posting a thread if it isn’t worth while and legitimate.
    Please use common sense when using this Forum
    I don't think calling a place where people live and call home a hopeless hole of a place is very progressive or insightful. Do you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭1

Singing out loud in the shower or possibly else were around your abodes would do you lot wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why are people being so nasty to us mods these past few days? I'm getting very down due to all this negativity brought on by certain posters.

Sheesh, you try to help a community out and all you get is witty quips like "you should get out more" and "you should sing aloud in the shower" and "don't put it there, it doesn't fit". I tell you it really is saddening. Makes me want to ban Million_Dead's new account just for some fun in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Bring back Hanging!

The Voice of the Silent minority has spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gordon wrote:
    Why are people being so nasty to us mods these past few days? I'm getting very down due to all this negativity brought on by certain posters.

Sheesh, you try to help a community out and all you get is witty quips like "you should get out more" and "you should sing aloud in the shower" and "don't put it there, it doesn't fit". I tell you it really is saddening. Makes me want to ban Million_Dead's new account just for some fun in prison.

Meh it's the same everywhere mate. Offline and online.

Personally I couldn't care less. If someone acts the muppet in a forum I moderate and isn't contributing anything, I have no quarrels with banning them. I even have no problems with the abusive pm's I occasionaly get about it. I have bigger things to care about tbh.

Then again, I don't tie my ego to my avatar so maybe I'm just different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

nesf touched my special area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

azezil wrote:

Thats cause you are touched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

YOUR MA touches for five dollah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

azezil wrote:

You loved it.

Now back in your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It was me, i called loobz an idiot via pm, after reading through her banning life story.

you know what i'd do it again

I'm a hosted mod, which well counts for feckall.

She's a right little attention whore / keyboard warrior princess

Meh.

People care far far too much. Really they do.

• Advertisement

:)

I didn't say I don't care about things. I just find people taking extreme insult to and get worked up over some random person calling them an idiot online amusing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement