Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Vision package - Queries

• 20-06-2005 12:34pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I can't find any thread mentioning Smart's Vision package, constituting the line rental, BB, and TV. It seems the apartment complex I'm in - in Smithfield - has been all setup for this package, including having the requisite connections in every bedroom, which is a nice enough touch.

So has anyone used it? Is the system fluid? Apparently there's only one person in the company handling it and I haven't gotten through to them yet so I'm a bit worried that the whole thing is in a trial phase or not yet fully rolled out. The details on the TV channels, for example, are a bit scarce - it seems to be shifted around a bit, and there's no firm list of channels that I can find anywhere.

I'd also wonder how quick it should be to setup. Given there's no other company providiing a telephone line and that Smart seem to have done some deal for the entire apartment complexes in the area, should it not theoretically only take a day or so to set up? Anyone have any answers out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

A €100 per month, that is a rip off.

I have NTL 2m for €35 per month, includes free TV for 12 months and UTV Talk which includes line rental and free local and national calls in the evenings and weekends for €25.

Total cost €50. I really think these schemes that lock out any other operators are ridiculous mini monopolies. They shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

A €100 per month, that is a rip off.

I have NTL 2m for €35 per month, includes free TV for 12 months and UTV Talk which includes line rental and free local and national calls in the evenings and weekends for €25.

Total cost €50. I really think these schemes that lock out any other operators are ridiculous mini monopolies. They shouldn't be allowed.

Yes and no. Yours would be 60 p/m btw. and €72 - €82 when your special offer runs out if and you go with the basic analogue or digital option.

Assuming a premium(sports and movies) subscription to NTL tho at approx €60 euro and ntl 2Mb. Total €95. (i think its a euro or two more than that). No phoneline or free calls.

Smart vision...all the above(maybe, they're not totally clear on channel line up) plus your phone line for free more or less and a few free calls. It's not that bad. Not huge savings tho.

C.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Cuauhtemoc wrote:
    Yes and no. Yours would be 60 p/m btw. and €72 - €82 when your special offer runs out if and you go with the basic analogue or digital option.

Assuming a premium(sports and movies) subscription to NTL tho at approx €60 euro and ntl 2Mb. Total €95. (i think its a euro or two more than that). No phoneline or free calls.

Smart vision...all the above(maybe, they're not totally clear on channel line up) plus your phone line for free more or less and a few free calls. It's not that bad. Not huge savings tho.

C.

You are right it is €60, I must be a sleep, however you could get it for €50 with the 1m service and I can't wait until NTL introduces VoIP, that should save even more.

BTW about the free TV, I have heard that it is very easy to get them to continue that offer after 12 months.

BBTW I actually have the 3m NTL service and 3 digital boxes (shared with house mates), with free analogue TV, personally I prefer NTLs more flexible options.

I assume that you don't get premium(sports and movies) with Smart, so why compare it? They don't tell you the lineup of channels at all, and if it is anything like NTL Digital, it is probably the usual channels plus lots of other crappy shopping channels, plus 1 chanels, news and documentaries.

What annoys me most I suppose is lack of choice. If there product was really that good, then they shouldn't be afraid to compete.

Advertisement