Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first piercing

Options
  • 20-06-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭

i'm just getting a normal ear piercing i was just wondering where would be the best place to get it in dublin and how much would it be and anything about age?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Don't do GSA
    Metalmorphasis is 17
    not sure about others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Your best bet would be to just have a wander around town for a while...

Solitaryman666 pointed out most of them there...

Metalmorphosis is in temple bar beside eager beaver and pal joeys
    Georges St Arcade is, funnily enough, in Georges St Arcade
    Celestial Ring (I'd recommend this place) is upstairs in Stephens Green
    Snakebite is on middle Abbey St (I could be wrong about this, never been there)

There's also a place on Talbot St, I've never gone into it (I'm more of a tattoo man than piercings) but it's got a very dodgy entrance but apparently is nice upstairs (I could be very wrong about that)

Have a gander around this forum too cos there's a million and one "where should I go" threads (it's also covered in the charter, just a bit of advice there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

That's not a pro for a place... that's a serious flaw...

In fact that'd put me off the place... It's the equivalent of a pub not having age restrictions... Alcahol exposes you to some serious dangers, so do piercings (infection and even hepititus if not taken care of afterwards properly).

I'm not saying you're more likely to get infected in GSA than Celestial Ring, Metalmorphosis etc, but younger people shouldn't be exposed to the dangers of these when they're young and impressionable...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The OP asked for the best place not the cheapest.

OLP, the best place would probably be Snakebite, closely followed by Bodyshock then Celestial Ring.
    www.snakebite.ie
    www.bodyshock.ie
    www.celestialring.ie

GSA is a place that has a reputation for not asking kids for ID and is only to be considered for the very price conscious and the underage who wont be pierced elsewhere cos mammy and daddy wont allow it :rolleyes:
    It also has a reputation for doing complicated piercings with a gun that should be done with a needle.
    www.GSA.ie ..............ha only joking, it doesn't have a website.

It would be silly to listen to the advice of a child who is actually too young to get pierced in any reputable shop now wouldn't it?

I've heard that snakebite are branching out into hairdressing and styling as they are wishing to follow in the footsteps of their idol in GSA, it looks like the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Thread locked.

Read the charter.

There is a sticky thread with a list of piercing places there already, please read this first before asking these questions.

Solitaryman666, no doubt you are an expert on piercings, but the fact that all the reputable piercing parlours in Dublin think (and are right in thinking) that the piercer in the GSA is totally dodgy would kinda sway my thinking in their favour.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement