Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray border collie

• 20-06-2005 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

On Saturday night a stray border collie turned up outside our patio and she has been lurking around the house since then. We live in a rural area so I'm pretty sure none of our immediate neighbours own her. She looks like a youngish dog and appears to be fairly malnourished. She also urinates whenever approached and generally acts very submissively. I left out a bucket of water yesterday but she wasn't too interested. I rang the dog warden this morning but he's not available until next week. We're really not in a position to look after her and I'm reluctant to feed her as I don't want to encourage her, but I don't want to see the animal go hungry either. Any advice appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As you probably know the dog warden will take the dog away and strays are put to sleep in 5 days, surrenders have one day to live.

An alternative is to phone every rescue you can and ask for their help, they might be able to help you spay/vaccinate etc her and if you could foster her somewhere safe they might have room after a while to take her in.
    Rescues are full always.
    Check these websites http://www.irishanimals.com//collies/index.htm
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/irish/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for the help. When I got home from work there was no sign of her, if she returns I'll try some of the rescue centres.

Advertisement