Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN review Battlefield 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gamespy gave it 100% ......lol

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Maybe it's time to stop reading gamespy. What a bunch of retards. :rolleyes: No game deserves 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BloodBath wrote:
    Maybe it's time to stop reading gamespy. What a bunch of retards. :rolleyes: No game deserves 100%

It depends if you base it on seperate sections relation to various aspects of the game, or just an overall solid score based on just playing the game plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

though 100% would mean, that it could in no way improve.....at all. So it is the perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

AI still rubbish ? the ign review said it was improved but still doesnt make it a good single player game (limit to 16 players) we all dont have broadband :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Then don't buy the game. They were never ment as single player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

bots in the multiplayer would have been nice though , some mates of mine used to have a little network of 4 pcs in the house and they would play BFV with bots.
    without bots the multiplayer maps would just be too big :(

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    AI still rubbish ? the ign review said it was improved but still doesnt make it a good single player game (limit to 16 players) we all dont have broadband :(

In fairness, that's like saying Pes4 is a crap first person shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I've been told by a reliable friend that you can connect to someones singleplayer game over a LAN/Internet in the full game.

TimAy wrote:
    In fairness, that's like saying Pes4 is a crap first person shooter.
    huh?

and i loved the BF games but just wish i could play them on a home PC rather then in net cafes
    still eircom are telling me that i can finaly get broadband next march! but im nothing holding breath on that

• Advertisement

2 reasons Bf2 isnt a 100% game

The menu for getting into multiplayer game is a shambles so the one part thats needed to get into the MP side is an exceptional pos.

2ndly Ai in SP altho funny can be mental at the best of times.

A 100% game wouldnt need a patch on day one, would be the best SP fps and MP fps, bf2 may get best MP but no hope of best SP.

Btw OOT/ Goldeneye the only 100% games imo.

kdjac

is it just me but i dont see how they dont make good AI for a single player (practice) and to fill up servers in LAN's
    look at the bots in ut2k4 i think they r brillant and at godlike they r very good! i know BF is a more complex game as they is different classes and vehicles but they could have still done a better job

what i meant was, you don't buy BF for the single player. Lets be honest, it's not meant to be for 1 player. Its not fair to criticise a game, on something it's not meant to be.

Yahoo gave it 100% too

Wonder if their 1st line said " please let ASE access the game peazzze"

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

modifying the aidefault.ai, makes the ai a good bit better and you can up the amount of single player bots to 32/64, i assume you will be able to do this in the full realeased version aswell, as a single player game i find it quite good, i don't have the net at home so i've just been playing the gulf of oman 32player, unlocked weapons for the past couple weeks and im still not tired of it, theres definitly something addictive about it, which is what makes for a good lasting game, if theres one game thats gonna make me stop playing cs1.6 i think this is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Gamespot gave it 9.3 which seems to be a good score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

yeah i would give it just over the 9 single player is limited maps are shrunk to accomdate but multiplayer is the bees knees great game gonna be huge me thinks in the lan scene over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I've been told by a reliable friend that you can connect to someones singleplayer game over a LAN/Internet.

Your friend speaks the truth, tried and tested.

Advertisement