Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRC channel for boards galaxy?

• 07-04-2001 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

actually i agree with the short green guy, if we get a chan on irc.indigo.ie , we can talk openly about targets etc, without having to worry about spies.

plus we can regulate who knows about it and if by chance a spy does get in we can locate him by ip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

A little used one is best methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

why not just get a channel on planetarion
    and get p?
    we'll all know each other any way
    and we'll all be .ie,eircom.net,esat.ie/indigo etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

A password protected channel on Quakenet or planetarion is best IMO, having it anywhere else will mean a 2nd or even 3rd client open for a lot of people, and that's just confusing.

Invite only on PA ie: you have to reg with P, and i have to give you access to P in the chan smile.gif

Btw, i cant do this cos ive already regged 2 chans with P, so can someone else register #fortress on pa irc?
    Heres 2 referrers you can use
    Celt
    Katana

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 07-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well how about we use the Furious Angels irc server?
    hinch's server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

We could get FA spies then tho oj wink.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

but isn't this galxey going to be an fa galxey ?
    I sure hope it is going to be

What do you mean "could" rich? I think "would" would be more accurate.

Oj, there will be 3 RB members, does that make it an RB gal? The answer is no. It will be RB tagged tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Oj, there will be 3 RB members, does that make it an RB gal? The answer is no. It will be RB tagged tho. </font>

LOL. Its hard to make a point and contradict yourself in the same sentence...congrats wink.gif

don't "here" me you tongue.gif

There is a huge difference between a FA galaxy and a FA tagged galaxy. Look at legion/fury, all their gals are furgion gals, not just furgion tagged, no-one in a furgion gal can defend against a furgion player or attack where a furgion player defends. A huge difference snaga, huge.

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 07-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Whos the other RB memb white? me you and.....? Plus it definetly wont be an FA gal if i have anything to say (I was in FA for a while last round and tbh, ye were utterly useless, ill just stick to RB thank you very much smile.gif )

UP DA DUBS!! :)

M-O-I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Can I suggest getting one on quakenet as thats what most of use se anyway, or has someone done this b4 me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

indigo.phishy
    ye know ye want ta.

of course you will stick with RB
    because of the cheating web site they had were you could get defence and scans and everything things like that make the game a disgrace ggrrr

hehe

quakenet is most used. It would mean mean 1 client open for most ppl. Also spies?? Is this game that paranoid? I didnt realise.
    Get it password join only, not invite only.

Thats my 2 billion cents

Palli, on PA IRC,
    1)we get a pbot
    2)we get a P
    3)we all have our alliance there
    4)security reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Would this server be for all the boards galaxies?

u can get the bots on quakenet also.
    You can make is pw only for security.(why would a planeration server be more secure from planetarion spys than a quake server anyway? doesnt make sense)

But most importantly, it means lazy gits like me dont have to open a 2nd client, and most ppl here would use quakenet also smile.gif

In the end of the day it isnt a big deal i spose.

tbh i reckon we should got with the pa irc server. as ppl will be in other alliances it makes more sence if we can keep it all together.

Pally, it wont be passworded, it will be invite only, and i know how to set this up with P so that is why i think it should be on PA IRC. Hell, set one up on quakenet pally if you want. BTW do you want to be in the gal? If yes, mail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hinch

finially i read this thread and have to say
    oi ricin tart you havent got a clue
    last round we wucked
    the FA you knew then doesnt exist anymore tehre were too many member and we let anyold person in

now the only way to join the alliance if for me to ASK you you dont ask to join i come to you.

And incase you dont know we already have some verypowerfull allies ready and we are fully allied with them the same way furgeon was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    Whos the other RB memb white? me you and.....? Plus it definetly wont be an FA gal if i have anything to say (I was in FA for a while last round and tbh, ye were utterly useless, ill just stick to RB thank you very much smile.gif )

</font>

Rich FA were useless last round for various different reasons,eg, neither myself nor hinch were not present at certain times for various reasons. Rows caused by certain people, people looking for defense and never giving it, that will not be the same this round, as I dont see my self vanishing for a month this time round. Anyone who dosent help out gets booted out.

Suffice to say, thats not going to happen again, Like the phoenix, we arise from the ashesof the past to become something greater. Until you know what we have instore for this round do not fob us off as being useless. You may change your mind when you do find out.

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

To anyone who ive already given access to the members area I have just added a java irc client to auto connect you to our private irc server

Also I will begin sign up and adding you to the members database once we have started the next round and have our coords as withouth the coords I cannot add you to the system due to the way it works

Furious Angels will bring you back to me

To anyone who ive already given access to the members area I have just added a java irc client to auto connect you to our private irc server

Also I will begin sign up and adding you to the members database once we have started the next round and have our coords as withouth the coords I cannot add you to the system due to the way it works

Furious Angels will bring you back to me

Hey white..
    I thought I already meailed you about joining the galaxy? Anyway, yea Id love to.
    Do ye have a channel sorted on the PA server or does it have to be created?
    Im not sure how to do it on PA server (used to quakenet) who to ask etc., but Im willing to find out and set up a channel if ye want?
    Any idea on channel name?

#boards.ie ?

• Advertisement

#fortress.ie?
    #planetarion.ie?
    #pa.ie?
    I cant register on PA irc as ive already regged 2 chasn and used up my limit.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hinch:
    finially i read this thread and have to say
    oi ricin tart you havent got a clue
    last round we wucked
    </font>

But Hinch, that's exactly what he said.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Test

whitelancer i'll reg it on irc.PA

I went to reg a channel on PA irc, but its disabled while they bugfix frown.gif

Advertisement