Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS roaming in Croatia ?

Options
  • 20-06-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is possible with any of the Irish operators ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

It is yes, but who are you with at the moment and are you pay as you go or bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I'm going there next week myself, and I've checked with Meteor and they gave me a clean answer - no. They don't have GPRS roaming for their prepaid customers.

I haven't checked with Vodafone as they're pretty useless for me - no e-mail over GPRS for RTG customers.

To be honest the easiest way is to just get a local SIM card, for example pre-paid (Simpa) from T-Mobile. This should get you started: http://www.t-mobile.hr/english/10/10-20-40-00-00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

wolfman wrote:
    It is yes, but who are you with at the moment and are you pay as you go or bill?

I'm with O2 and am bill.

Local SIM sounds better, thanks for the URL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ring up O2 and see if they can set you up with GPRS roaming in Croatia... As a "just in case".

I doubt their roaming rates can compete with a local SIM, and as long as your phone is unlocked you shouldn't have problems.

Depending on your phone, you can download the settings from the manufacturer up front, so all you have to do when you get there is plug in the SIM.

Nokia and Sony Ericsson have all the settings for Croatian operators on their web site, not sure about the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Check this page on the O2 website

It has the current roaming costs for Croatia

• Advertisement
Advertisement