Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More members for Electronic Communications Appeals Panel

Options
  • 20-06-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

The Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Noel Dempsey T.D., has boosted the membership of the Electronic Communications Appeals Panel by trebling the size of the pool from which he will pick 3-person independent panels to hear appeals. "The pool now consists of ten members and I intend increasing the membership to eleven in the very near future," said Minister Noel Dempsey today.

The pool members are: Mr Hugh Mohan SC (Chairperson), Ms Margaret Heneghan BL, Ms Catherine Woods BA, Mr Paul Burns SC, Ms Mary Sadlier Economist, Mr Patrick Butler SC, Mr Sean Barrett Economist, Mr Finbarr Fox SC, Ms Eileen Barrington JC, Mr Liam Cahill Management Consultant.

"I am delighted that we have succeeded in attracting additional persons of such high ability to do this important work. The work of the appeals panels is of vital importance to both industry and consumers," added Minister Dempsey.

Last week the Minister also appointed an independent appeal panel to hear appeals by Vodafone, O2 and Meteor. These Appeals relate to a ComReg finding which designated Vodafone and O2 jointly dominant for Wholesale Access and Call Origination on Public Mobile telephony Networks. This appeal panel will also hear appeals by Vodafone, O2 and Meteor which relate to the ComReg Remedies Decision on Wholesale Access and Call Origination on Public Mobile Telephony Networks. The Panel consists of Mr Patrick Butler (SC) (Chairperson), Mr Sean Barrett (economist), Ms Catherine Woods BA.

ENDS

Note for information: The Independent Appeal Panels operate in accordance with the provisions of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Network and Services)(Framework) Regulations 2003 (S.I. No. 307 of 2003).

Tum tee tum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Must make sure I stay in for the next few weeks just to be sure I don't miss my invite :D

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Get ready for some kick-ass regulatory appeals action.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

SkepticOne wrote:
    Get ready for some kick-ass regulatory appeals action.

This panel provides a pure and simple mechanism to frustrate progress in the market. Judicial review will still remain an option on certain matters. Kick-ass is one way of putting it. :eek:

Advertisement