Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian

Options
  • 20-06-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I know I ask before for friend, but I ask again, What day is/was LC Russian? I check skooool.ie and it still no say, Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

Did you get a bad bang on your head and lose all sense of grammar? Do you expect us to believe this little 'i know nothing' act of yours! You do know that people can view all your previous posts and last year you seemed to have an exceptionally grasp of english. In fact you managed to give grinds to some kids! How did you manage that with your poor english!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

it was on the day that we had irish paper 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Jane Doe wrote:
    Did you get a bad bang on your head and lose all sense of grammar? Do you expect us to believe this little 'i know nothing' act of yours! You do know that people can view all your previous posts and last year you seemed to have an exceptionally grasp of english. In fact you managed to give grinds to some kids! How did you manage that with your poor english!

whats that got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Thank you.

I'm sorry to have confused you Jane Doe, last year I was barly here, I started to use a friends account from time to time, I'm not sure if she actually post messages, but you say she did, I not good on computer, I never see one until I come here, so when friend stop using site (or maybe she still do? I not see her for months) She say Amadia you no good on computer, so not going to be able to make account and somethime maybe I need help. I get old computer and she log on for me, that many months ago, I never know how to log off so I keep use it. I help little cousin with homework and I have a friend who I taught maths to, I even give a computer lesson once!! But I no think that was me who give "grind", my friend smart it maybe her?? I sorry to confus you, I never think anyone would mind, I also think it obvious, I hardly call myself chickens!! also I presume if friend did post people who know here would be told/would have left. If it is problem can you tell me how make new account?

Thank you very much for russian help, my think of doing to next year but my wonder if it clash with one of my subjects.

Again I sorry to confus, bu now know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

chickens wrote:
    Thank you very much for russian help, my think of doing to next year but my wonder if it clash with one of my subjects.

Maybe you should concentrate on studying English first? No offence, like.

Thank you for your advice. I think my english very good, I am very pleased with it. Far better then my irish and my french. But I understand, I ask freind to look at post and she say I leave out "a" and "the" all over place and mix up words that sound same!! It great, now I no I fix it!! So my english will be better soon!! In mean time (after this post) my friend say she will type most my posts for me, so question like this post will be done up in nice english, only some replys may be wrong grammer. That will make it easier for all and maybe get thing less confusing, at least people will understand my post.

Thank you moderator for advice, as irish is now Eu language it far more important then russian so I will no concentrate on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

wow, I think people should go easy on her. I think her english is fantastic considering she's not from an English speaking country. It's not as if she's using text speak of hax0r language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

chickens wrote:
    ....as irish is now Eu language it far more important then russian so I will no concentrate on it.

This is kind of off topic but I would have to disagree! Russia is a (huge!) developing country with a multitude of opportunities for travel, employment, investment and more. In addition many people in central Europe (i.e. Poland, Latvia, The Czech Republic, and other ex-soviet block countries) speak Russian as a second language. Russian is far, far, far more useful than Irish will ever or could ever be! Irish is barely spoken anywhere and I doubt there is a person left who speaks Irish but cannot speak English. The fact that Irish is an EU language means nothing, unless you are an Irish interpreter perhaps.

Thank you Binomate.

I know your point about russian being useful, but irish will acyually become useful, for many EU jobs 2, if not 3 Eu languages are needed: the normal english and French/german/spanish from school, but number 3?? Well Irish!! It's perfect, as far as I know Russian not an Eu language so it no help! Also I know russia, I live there for few weeks, I no want to go back to work there, I like europe. but thank you, it's amazing the actually difference between the way irish is actually and the way it is portrayed in the guide leafltes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

yes i agree who would want to speak irish over russian lol! been able to speak russian and english will get you far more jobs then been able to speak irish and english ever would and would be useful in many other countries too
    pop of russia is something like 150,000,000 and many other counties speak russian
    pop of ireland 3,500,000 and number that actually speak irish all the time is tiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The Irish language is only a tourist language. It's only part of our coulture which is a huge tourist attraction in this country. It will never be a buisness advantage unless your market is in the gaelteacht.

Advertisement