Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 5 screenshots

Options
  • 20-06-2005 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

ss_preview_Rooney.jpg
    ss_preview_Brazil_Argentina.jpgss_preview_Brazil_chasing.jpgss_preview_Teeing_up_shot.jpgss_preview_Owen_shoots_against_italy.jpgss_preview_Yellow_Card.jpgss_preview_Portugal_header.jpgss_preview_Punched_Clearance.jpgss_preview_Shot.jpg

Wish they would show screenshots from the angle everyone plays.
    PES5 is also expected to feature online play on PS2, Xbox and PC this time around. PES4 lacked the functionality on PS2 and was criticised for the weakness of its online PC offering, but enjoyed great success on Xbox Live - particularly after a patch that fixed a few teething problems.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59696

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Hopefully they will do a bit of work on the animation of players. Make it a bit more fluid. Its my only criticism of the game. The players always turn too sharply.That and the commentary!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Looks the same as PES4, only difference I see is something I suggested on a different forum months ago... Jerseys outside the shorts, like saviola in that pic... Hopefully its actually in the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

TimAy wrote:
    The players always turn too sharply.

Thats already fixed in WE8LE. They've added an extra bit to stop the instant turning. Takes a bit of getting used to after the years of the other way, but makes it a lot better.
    It'll be the same for WE9/ PES5 I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hope they tweak the "play advantage" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hope they fix a couple of things.

First off the interface for netplay on the PC could really do with some workover, or at least a program to make it work. Its very annoying.

Secondly the through ball is way way too power.

Thirdly I'd like the computer harder

Fourth: Advantage rule, i can make it so that if I foul someone, and the advantage is given, if I press r1 + r2, to hold up for a half a second, I can play on and not concede the foul.

Fifth: GET A PROPER LICENCE!!!

Sixth: Develop the formations system and tactics system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

PHB wrote:
    I hope they fix a couple of things.

First off the interface for netplay on the PC could really do with some workover, or at least a program to make it work. Its very annoying.

Secondly the through ball is way way too power.

Thirdly I'd like the computer harder

Fourth: Advantage rule, i can make it so that if I foul someone, and the advantage is given, if I press r1 + r2, to hold up for a half a second, I can play on and not concede the foul.

Fifth: GET A PROPER LICENCE!!!

Sixth: Develop the formations system and tactics system

1 Agreed, the online was awful for PC

2 Not sure bout this, really like the current through ball setup, 50 50 between defending them and executing them TBH

3 Definately

4 Definately

5 Lots of mods for it that basically make the game fully licensed

6 I like these currently too, though tweaking them couldnt hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Online play that works and Create a goal option and be able to execute my own free kicks and corners with players going where i want them too.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The AI needs sorting, at this stage 6* with default players isn't challanging.

Especially when the opposing team have no idea how to combat your tactics.

Play 3 at the back, use line defence, push them up, play offside, and use a DM, and they can never score

The only challenge is breaking the opposition down.

That said, with every incarnation of PES, the gameplay has been tweaked for the best.

I'd love a return to scenario mode, it was the best thing ever back on the Snes ~ '95

/me drools at the thought of a create a goal option, recreating some real life goals would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I wish they would improve the defense reactions. I hate it when you know what your friend is about to do and you are running back ahead of him towards your own net, he passes and when you're running back, the player stops turns around and the ball passes him, had this not happened it would be allot easier to get the ball and would be your proper intention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

t'would also be nice if the referee didn't give a free kick despite the player winning the ball in a sliding tackle, so many times I've nearly broken something after timing a tackle to perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

That's realistic though, refs aren't always right.

The keepers need improving badly imo, that's the main thing for me. They went backwards in pes4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yeah I think the way the keepers turn really slowly is slightly unrealistic, I mean just because they are in nets doesn't mean they can't control a ball :rolleyes:

I always thought it would be good to have a TEAM A and TEAM B, no country/club/famous names etc, just equal teams and you can choose the skill level of each team 1-5 stars etc, so you could play a friend of equal skill with both teams on equal stars so there is no argument over who is the better team. I know this can be done by for example, both people picking Ireland, but think it would be a nice feature to have anyway. And there would be no radar confusion.

That's another thing, I forget what team it was but one teams jersey was purple and the other black, and the black team appeared purple in the radar and the purple black. Confusing.

I think they should also have it more visible for when two players are in the exact same position in the radar instead of one colour covering the other.

I always though it would be cool, if anyone remembers that arcade game that when you would take a shot it would go to a different screen where you could aim the shot and the keeper could aim the save. It would be a nice option to have.

I know it's not realistic but it would be nice to have an extended extra time setting so instead of going to pennos, it just keeps going on changing sides every 15 mins till someone scores.

I think it would be good to have a button that taps the ball forward without passing it, so for example, if you are trying to get by a defender and 2 of them have you cornered, you could tap the ball forward and run after it.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'd like to see long passes improved, mainly the player recieving them, if they've decent technique they should be alot more comfortable taking them down and they should be used alot more often.

cormie wrote:
    I always though it would be cool, if anyone remembers that arcade game that when you would take a shot it would go to a different screen where you could aim the shot and the keeper could aim the save. It would be a nice option to have.

Super Sidekicks, fun game, but totally different type of footy game
    cormie wrote:
    I think it would be good to have a button that taps the ball forward without passing it, so for example, if you are trying to get by a defender and 2 of them have you cornered, you could tap the ball forward and run after it.

:)

This is in the game, while you are running with R1 hold R2 and tap in a different direction to knock it ahead of yourself

KdjaC wrote:
    Online play that works and Create a goal option

Why? :confused:

I mean Konami have enough trouble adding things that actually make a positive difference to the game, adding something like that would be disappointing (if not slightly typical). It wouldn't accomplish anything.
    Not to be harsh, but if you want to recreate great goals, get playing. :)

As someone else said, the main thing needed is to fix the keepers. New animations, better awareness and in relation to PES4, not be super human to one on ones therefore forcing the player to lob or shot feint all the time.
    The other major things that need to be sorted are the ML setup, mainly the size of the leagues so you can fit all the teams into them instead of only 16, and improved growth/ training.

Online will be improved, as they've already stated its getting an overhaul for WE9, the menu system will be changed (again) and other expected changes/ updates will be taken care of.

Personally I want to see changes that will effect the actual game, not trivial ones, like we've seen in the last couple of installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

SofaKing wrote:
    Hope they tweak the "play advantage" rule.

I've been playing the "newest" version of winning eleven (liveware evolution version) and this is one of the first improvments i noticed. Advantage is played perfectly 9 times out of 10 with the play always going back if no advatange comes.
    Another confusing addtion at first is that if the player is tackled bady resulting in yellow but advantage is still being played then the ref will book that player the next time the ball goes out of play (even if it 5mins later).

Most of the stuff mentioned here have been improved such as control of he long passes, keepers have been improved somewhat. They're not as bad PES4, though still prone to mishaps. They are also slightly better in 1 on 1 sitautions though the abilty to place your shots has been improved as well so kinda cancels it out.

The through ball has been given a reworkin though still to powerful imo. Also some1 mentioned bout the radar, well its now a alot easier to see a player if two players are on top of each other but the wrong kits on rader is till there but not that often.

There are some other nice tweaks and animations that i hope they keep though and make it into WE9/PES5 such as the redifined first touch and how player shoots (with proper power and swerve), volleys being a lot easier to hit but hard to master (scored some cracking volleys from corners [the type scholes used to score for united])

Did anyone hear that Konami are putting a "Nippon: Road to World Cup" into WE9, hopefully that means something along those lines for PES5 and even better still more international teams.

Sorry for the long post but no point hoping they'll improve whats already been improved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i wouldnt hold out a huge amount of hope for all that stuff in pes 5 as its again on the ps2 which could barely cope with pes 4, we'll see a lot of changes in pes6 id reckon

Did anyone hear that Konami are putting a "Nippon: Road to World Cup" into WE9, hopefully that means something along those lines for PES5 and even better still more international teams.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Word has it that this feature will only be in WE9, as it involves adding all the teams in Japans qualifying group to the game, which is fine, as you can only play as Japan (also rumoured and more than likely correct) and it means adding maybe 4-5 new teams?!

For anything like that to be in PES5, it would mean adding about 40-50 new teams to the roster, and somehow, I cant see Konami doing that.

dar83 wrote:
    Why? :confused:

I mean Konami have enough trouble adding things that actually make a positive difference to the game, adding something like that would be disappointing (if not slightly typical). It wouldn't accomplish anything.
    Not to be harsh, but if you want to recreate great goals, get playing. :)

K recreate Spurs lad goal vs liverpool and post here in AVI.

Create a goal option is something to play with when you bored, you place players where want them roll the cameras and execute your goal, ever play Driver?

Oh i want a Mp Cup where one player picks one tema your mate picks another etc:

kdjac

• Advertisement

2 player master league(last time i checked it wasnt an option)

KdjaC wrote:
    K recreate Spurs lad goal vs liverpool and post here in AVI.

Someone already posted one very similar in the "Goals goals goals" thread, and I've watched numerous efforts extremely similar throughout the life of ShowUsMiracle, where I watched an incredible amount of submitted goals.

I'm not neccessarily saying its a bad idea, but its one that I hope to god Konami dont have the idea of including until they actually include things that will effect the game a hell of a lot more, ie. Improving the Master League setup, including multiplayer tournaments and even something like adding a power bar to penalties. These things are much more important to the game, as they effect the main part of it, playing it.

The game is fine it always is as bazh said they tweak it and tweak it well but the game as a package sucks.

The only reason you want those in game things is because you played it to death therefore see the issues that took 7 months and hundreds of games to find. Konami will make the game play somehwat better but its always good and for the best.

As a package it needs a decent menu system , Scenarios, extra modes like Create A goal Multi team Cups and Leagues for home and online play, if they want an online game make it bloody work online.

Making an animation noone is going to see is kinda pointless make a game people will play with other people with enough modes and options to make it last longer. Mario Tennis/Golf would be decent examples of what fun modes can do to a group of people.

kdjac

I agree, which is why they need more multiplayer modes, not a create a goal mode. Who on earth would sit there with mates and recreate a goal?!

The menu system doesn't bother me, as they're always navigable with ease. The other things you mention are all gameplay related, apart from slipping the goal creation thing in again. :)

I also like the way some of the animations are rare, it adds a lot to the game once you're used to the usual ones and keeps your interest up. I dont know how much you play every iteration, but I'll play one version up until the next is released, and most people I know that play it do the same. The longevity of the game is in the superb gameplay, not novelty extras.
    Not that it might not have a positive effect on things, but there are things much higher on the priority list for most people than a novelty extra mode. Unfortunately it would be slightly typical of Konami to actually include your idea and leave out the others, which is disappointing. :(

Most people will just pick up the latest, i played ever version heavily up until pes2.

From them, id say i played iss 98 maybe the most, and the 2nd in the series ISS Deluxe back on the snes.

Pes3 made the biggest change in gameplay, it just felt so strange(like the difference in Actua Soccer 2, and Actua Soccer 3)

So i stuck to played we2002 right up until last year, more or less played 3months of pes3 until i finally liked it, and got casually into pes4.

I hope a rehaul doesnt happen or it could split the community like the ISS / PES games did a few years back(made by diff companies i know).

The create a goal idea of kdjac isnt essential that it should be in there, but yeah it would be an interesting addition.

That said some of the core gameplay needs to be tightened, which i think it wont be, due to the closeness of releases, only certain things will get updated to make it a selling point.

Keepers are nowhere near a 100% on pes4.

It will be interesting. The master league could be properly developed. I trust the developers, they haven't steered us wrong in the past. Wasn't online play more or less a last minute addition into pes4?

Yeah it was, due to pressure from Microsoft really that got Online mode at all in PES4.

The keepers in PES4 are awful really, they're super human in one on ones, but to counter this Konami decided to make the Square and R1 chip ridiculously easy, and then on the next attack the keeper will stand still and watch a shot roll slowly towards and either hit a post, or crawl into the net. Thankfully this was improved in WE8LE, where sliding a shot under the keeper became as it should, and the R1 lob was fixed so that it barely goes over waist height (which is good, as lobbing requires skill again).

They do need to still sort some other minor gameplay issues, but improved online stability and options along with the gameplay of WE8LE would suit me fine!

Advertisement