Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with a project involving small motors ???????

Options
  • 20-06-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

im not sure if this is the right place to post this ..but here goes anyhow ..as you may see in my sig i have a mountainmods u2ufo case ..im in the process of modding this case ..i have some ideas of what i want to do ..firstly i want to remove one of the side panel windows and place a 19" tft monitior into the space ,but i want to have this motorised so that it will lift up and let me get in to the drive bay area behind as this is where i have my watercooling pump and so on ...i also what to place the whole case on a kind of "cake tray" in other words i want to be able to spin the complete caes around in a circle so that it will be mounted on a desk with all the cables from the system incluing the tft routed true the base of the case and running down true the "cake tray "so the cables wont get tangled ,,,the reason for the case to rotate is so that i can see the screen or the the dvd drive bays and lcd fan controllers ...i would like this to also be motorised aswell and maybe set-up to an I.R. receiver and remote control ..

this pic HERE shows the side im planning on placing the tft ..i will be removing the harddrive bay on the left side and placing all the harddrives in under the dvd drive bay in behind the front 120 mm fan for cooling in a custom made perspex harddrive bay ...
    the cake tray thing that i have in mind looks something like THIS
    p.s. i know my cad skills are zero :D

any idea's here would be great thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For the monitor you want something like a gas piston in a hatchback boot, with one of those things that click in place but release when you click them again - no motors needed , done by gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Bang on Capt thats a class idea and well easy and cheap.Could also use counter weights but thats fiddly.If all comes to all use a smiple rack with gear and two mortors on a poteniometer.

Tne spinnning base would be easy - small stepper motor and a large annular gear with the weight in the middle.
    Actually Dub came across summit the other day and meant to say it too you. You were on bout getting your small LCD to flip in and out of a drive bay: and was in an Audi A4 lately and used the cup holder and its perfect,checked the mechanism would do it a treat - just attach a bay cover and insert the LCD.

nukem

Advertisement