Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding

Options
  • 20-06-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

Does anyone know how much thesis binding cost (please be cheap :confused: ) and where it can be done

Cheers

Comments

There are plenty of places around town like Reads and other places like that which do binding. Not sure the cost, but you could wander in yourself and have a looksee. It's on Nassau Street, in case you haven't heard the ad in awhile...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

No idea about the cost but I would instantly recommend Reads of Nassau Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

It's not cheap. Our Dept. gave us this:

Thesis Centre - 65 Lower Camden St. Dublin 2
    ph. 4753616

3 or 1 day service
    or even 5 hr!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

the thesis centre on camden street would be the best known one, and they have the correct templates for the different regulation bindings required by different universities and depts. their email is thesis@indigo.ie

Hi ,

Prices as requested:
    For A4 Hard Binding Only:

1 book 2 Books 3+ Books
    48 hours E28.00 E25.00 each E23.00 each
    24 hours E34.00 E30.00 each E27.00 each
    5 hours E38.00 E33.00 each E30.00 each

Cloth versions (buckram) are an extra 10% on these prices.

The charge for printouts is 90 cent per colour page and from 15 cent
    per black and white page, or you can drop in your thesis at any time,
    our opening hours are 9.30 am to 5.30 pm and we close for lunch
    between 1 to 1.30, monday to friday only.

You can bring your own printouts, email it or bring it in on floppy,
    cd or usb drive.

Soft bounds - perfect binding, spiral binding and wirobinding prices
    can vary between 5 to 15 euro deponding on what type you go for.

The standard "Word" Margin should be fine for your thesis - 1.25 inches.

We do not take bookings as all our services are guaranteed.

We look forward to hearing from you,

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yes they sound good but
    "Word" Margin

anyone thinking of using this program and having a thesis left at the end of it is sorely mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

[carl]shhhhh-ut uuuu-p![/carl]

nothing bad is going to happen. nothing, you hear me? nothing!!!!

calm blue ocean calm blue ocean.... la la la la la...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I'm in the middle of my MBS thesis at the moment... sublission date is the end of July.

Does anyone know if these binding places can guarantee 48 / 24 / 5 hours at that time of year (when its busy)?

I know the best thing is to have the thesis done a bit early, but you know what us students are like...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thesis Centre seems to be the main one but I got mine done by a crowd near the Five Lamps, right beside Staffords Funeral home. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. They will do same day binding. Was a few years back but found them reasonable then and they did a fine job. Not sure if they are still there. Maybe someone knows or remembers the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Irishstudent

Cheers everyone, will take the advice, and i might be near that thesis shop near the funeral home, when my supervisor catches me after seeing how much ive actually done! (and besty, that sick child was meant to go to lourdes! :D )

Thanks again

Advertisement