Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy exams - did we get lucky twice!?

Options
  • 20-06-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

After each and every exam this year with the exception of maths i have felt that is was an easy paper, esp. talking about english/physics/Deutsch/Biology
    But was it just the case that they seem easier to us because we put so much effort into studying for thema and probably were expecting the worse
    What I am saying is were the papers actualley easier this year or is it just in our heads?

I definitely remember thinking the exact same thing with the Junior cert (year of the World cup), I felt like each paper was much easier than previous esp.
    Science and got 6 a's. 4 b's

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Agreed. If I don't get the results I want, I'll only have myself to blame. A very fair outing from the Exams Commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

its all in your head mate, its only easy if ya know it, and when your doing exams your much more focused and will find it much easier to concentrate, try and do a whole exam from past exam papers and see how far ya get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Johnerr wrote:
    its all in your head mate, its only easy if ya know it, and when your doing exams your much more focused and will find it much easier to concentrate, try and do a whole exam from past exam papers and see how far ya get

Tottaly agrree. If you worked, it really pays off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I found them easy aswell, but taking a step back, this is what I think they were in comparison to other papers:
    English-pretty average diffuclty, even a little more difficult than normal.
    Maths-completly average
    Physics-very very very(x100 times) easy. even ppl who were hoping for B3's are thinking they got A1's
    Fremch-average
    Tech. Drawing-average.

So my conclusion is that yes it's in our heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

OTliddy wrote:
    I found them easy aswell, but taking a step back, this is what I think they were in comparison to other papers:
    English-pretty average diffuclty, even a little more difficult than normal.
    Maths-completly average
    Physics-very very very(x100 times) easy. even ppl who were hoping for B3's are thinking they got A1's
    Fremch-average
    Tech. Drawing-average.

So my conclusion is that yes it's in our heads.

I must protest to you saying Maths is completely average, it certainly was a tricky-dicky paper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Sandals wrote:
    Easy exams - did we get lucky twice!?

I don't think lucky is the right word, it's not always a good thing to have an easy exam, only really if you find it easy and others didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

*Angel* wrote:
    I don't think lucky is the right word, it's not always a good thing to have an easy exam, only really if you find it easy and others didn't.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head there. If everyone thinks it's easy, something is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Sandals wrote:
    I must protest to you saying Maths is completely average, it certainly was a tricky-dicky paper!

I'd have to agree with OTliddy on that one.

IMO everyone is saying that English II was an easy paper, but really it was only because everyones poet seemed to come up, so really I'd say the difficulty was average.

What has that ^^ got to do with my quote on maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

People may have found it easy, but that doesn't mean they will get 100% Although everyone may have got a high mark, not everyone will have gotten TOP TOP marks. The dep. can't punish you for being right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whenthepawn

am i the only one to think that biology was v. hard?
    i was hoping for an A1 and poured more time into that than any other subject yet came out severely disappointed. i think i just screwed up on the day

am i the only one to think that biology was v. hard?
    i was hoping for an A1 and poured more time into that than any other subject yet came out severely disappointed. i think i just screwed up on the day
    Nevermind, sure ya might be dead before August!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Yeah, I think for the most part the exams have been pretty fair. Maths aside, all of the exams have been doable (not necessarily easy, but you don't expect the LC to be easy) and most have been fairly predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

I think these papers were pretty easy: Maths 2 (H), French & Physics.
    Whereas these were hard: Maths 1 (H), History and I think Chemistry will be pretty difficult.
    English wasn't necessarily easy. I dont see how they could have made it much harder, and your writing/performance plays a pretty big role in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

well at least if they're reasonable difficulty you have a chance to prove your ability on the day. Its going to be a different story in August though, when the results come out it won't seem so easy. If everyone thinks they got A's then they'll get what they were expecting going in to the exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

S h i t. If they're two easy years I'm screwed next year and I wanna do medicine. On that not I got 480pts on my 5th yr exams and I actullay tried. Should i be worried??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Alot of people(maybe including me) will be surprised that they havent got an A1 in Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

I thought the Lc was easy enough, there was no rock hard sh1t that i could'ent do, but saying that it was easy i'm only expecting 320points so depends how you define easy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

I know, so will I but when the papers are easy the scheme screws ya over. Our maths teacher was a chief examiner and he always said your better off getting a hard paper thats marked fair than a piss easy one. When you go to view your script(hypothetically of course) you won't believe how many stupid tiny mistakes you made or little things you leave out. they'll prey on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I've done nothing. Seriously nothing. I kept saying next week or tomorrow since like the start of the year. I thought there'd be no way I'd get away with it but I think I have... Now I'm not getting 500 points but I think I'll go alright.

Is it just easier this year or is it all over blown? Except for maths obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doctor D-Man

Stevek101 wrote:
    Is it just easier this year or is it all over blown? Except for maths obviously.

Yea I agree with you there. I am repeating this year and would say I've done fu(kall this time round. Still I managed 385 in the mocks with a little night before study. I'm kindof doing the same for the leaving except with a bit more effort.

Anyway most exams so far have been way easier than last year with the exception of maths (the reason I had to repeat this year) I'd say I passed em this time though.

Physics was simplistic. I got a C2 last year with lots of work. This year I'd say I might have pulled off an A or a B with the work i put in the night before.

Geog was easy as well but this is probably more to do with the fact that I was well prepared to fly through the paper. Geo is more a test of how fast you can write that anything else imo. I mean 3 of the 4 q's are learn off (by most ppl anyway) any1 doin geo this year is very lucky by the way. I hear next years course is far broader. You actually have to work for it. Our teacher scare us out of repeating by telling us that.

English was also p!ss easy - very predictable and lots of choice.

Hope chem is easier tomorrow. Was very hard last year. My whole year (13 ppl) only got C1's although I think one person managed a B3. Our class worked hard and it just goes to show how hard we were marked last year.

Anyway good luck to every1 who still has exams left and heres hoping this trend continues... :)

Advertisement