Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Fired Back Boiler

Options
  • 20-06-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I have a back boiler in the fire I have in the sitting room. It's fantastic for heating the house. I'm a bit lazy though and hate building/cleaning a fire. Is it possible to get a gas fire fitted that would leave the back boiler in place so I could still use it with the gas fire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Fx Meister,

Reads like you want to heat the existing back boiler using a gas fire ?

I don't know of any gas fires that would give a strong enough output to heat a standard back boiler.

Baxi do have boilers with fire fronts but the boiler is an independent unit, the average gas boiler only heats a few litres of water that is pumped through the system at both speed and under pressure.

You could consider installing a gas boiler linked to your existing system and install a gas fire for the comfort look in the room, the gas fires can be fitted in such a way they can be removed and you can revert to solid fuel if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I like the benefit of having hot rads throughout the house when I only have a fire on so I don't think I want to change the back boiler. The fire would be running of a cylinder too as there is no Gas supply in my area. I need gas for the hob anyway as I hate cooking with an electric hob. Cheers for the info.

Advertisement