Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biki Namespace suggestions.

Options
  • 20-06-2005 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I did a bit of cleaning up of the Biki (deleting crap, moving stuff around).

I just realised the biki needs to namespaces a bit to make it a bit neater.

Before I went crazy just wanted to throw it out there..

User: = Already exists and Boards users should use this instead of just their username. That way the link in boards.ie works for the usernames.

IRC: = For IRC related channels/servers. Did two IRC channels already.

Board: = Relates to a boards description. eg "Board:Programming" instead of "Programming".

Just these three I want to do for now, unless someone wants to add others?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

How's about:

Gathering: or Card: = Boards Gathering Cards
    Thread: = For the threads of fame and other sorts of threads that have entries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gathering one is good. Will use that. just a lot of pages to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've recreated my gathering card pages as "Gathering:[Name]" pages and implemented the appropriate redirects. Also changed "Theatre" to "Board:Theatre" and put in a redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Nice, to reference though do this..

boardname. Will stop it looking kack on the screen. [wiki]IRC[/wiki] has an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Isn't there a bit of ambiguity between the term "Forum" and "Board" on the Biki?

• Advertisement
Advertisement