Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish domain names won't work with my look-up script

Options
  • 20-06-2005 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am trying to integrate a domain name search facility into my site, but it doesn't seem to work for .ie domain names. I type in a rediculous name like 'rbggwrawgbrbe.ie' and the results say that the domain name is already taken.
    The script works for .co.uk, .com, .net etc, but it doesn't work for .ie domain names.
    I have tried a few different scripts:

http://www.websiteni.com/lookup/whois.php
    http://www.websiteni.com/mwhois/mwhois.php

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Do you know of any scripts that do work with irish domain names?

Thanks in advance,

Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

I am trying to integrate a domain name search facility into my site, but it doesn't seem to work for .ie domain names. I type in a rediculous name like 'rbggwrawgbrbe.ie' and the results say that the domain name is already taken.
    The script works for .co.uk, .com, .net etc, but it doesn't work for .ie domain names.
    I have tried a few different scripts:
    It is probably not parsing the output from IEDR's whois properly.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daithiconlon

Jmcc,
    thanks for your quick reply.
    I reckon you are probably right, but how do you suggest I can fix this problem?
    The script that I am using has a config page with settings such as:

$tlds = 7;

$tld[1]=".co.uk";
    $nic[1]="whois.nic.uk";
    $rep[1]="No match for";

$tld[2]=".com";
    $nic[2]="whois.opensrs.net";
    $rep[2]="Can't get information";

Etc.
    I have added a .ie entry to the bottom:

$tld[7]=".ie";
    $nic[7]="whois.domainregistry.ie";
    $rep[7]="query not valid";

Could it be the 'query not valid' text that is the problem? What should I put in here?

Again, thanks for your help.

Daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

" THERE WAS NO MATCH IN THE IE DOMAIN REGISTRY DATABASE FOR YOUR QUERY.
    "
    is the correct string.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daithiconlon

Thank you so much to both of you for your help on this one - I tried that and it has fixed the problem.

Now to get it integrated into the site properly!

Daithi

Advertisement