Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Time

• 20-06-2005 9:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story with this is there a charge for going over your time, is there a cap? Eircom site is devoide of deatils as usual...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

€2.40 an hour. Total bill if you go over it by less than an hour a night is €50. Cheaper to get the cheapo always on product. I'd wait til the end of the week though. You never know what may happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

LOL, i take it that sombody is bringing out a rival product then ;)

Just checking it out for somebody ATM, ill keep an eye out cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Its funny, Esat BT's 2meg product with bundled line rental is a LOT better value. Get that and not this POS "time" product. Besides, "time" will probably disappear sometime soon. i can't imagine it staying long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

An eircom contact I know reckons its just an attempt to put the wind up smart telecom.

Lots of the business going to smart broadband was low usage dial up customers looking to get full BB on the cheap.

This suits that user group... and gives smart a little nudge too. Its a bit like eircom sayin...Who's the Daddy now!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

You are probable correct in that theory Trotter.

But their "Time" product is more similar to fast Dial-Up due to the way you are billed rather than proper-Broadband!

Of course you can still use the phone with this sh!tty product but in everything else it is just like Dial-Up!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

juliuspret wrote:
    You are probable correct in that theory Trotter.

But their "Time" product is more similar to fast Dial-Up due to the way you are billed rather than proper-Broadband!

Of course you can still use the phone with this sh!tty product but in everything else it is just like Dial-Up!!!!

I agree... but regardless of whether "timed broadband" (Rediculous I know) or handing out lollipops puts a dent in Smart's little spurt.. Eircom will do it.

This isnt a big deal to Eircom.. its just a shot against Smart to let them know Eircom still hold the cards even if they are handing out free line rental. I fully believe that eircom are holding up the progress of BB rollout in the country.. but as my pal says.. eircom plc bought all of their infrastructure from the government.. so they're entitled to do what they want.. even if that means fleecing their wholesale and residential customers.

They make me sick. :mad: Whats worse is they are watched like mad by the regulators and this all seems to be legit business practice. It'll be a long time before Broadband is as cheap here as it is in the other EU countries.

Unless some company buys sections of eircom's cable, or put down their own all over the country (unlikely).. then we're stuck as we are.

Advertisement