Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Wireless Problem - Not picking up wireless connection -encryption key problem?

• 20-06-2005 9:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok Im having problems setting up my wireless connection with eircom at the moment. It works fine when I use the network cable but for some reason the wireless is not working.

The problem is this I think. Its either not reading my network card but the network card is picking up the wirless because the light on the card is on. When i plug in the card all it says is "acquiring Network address" which it then fails to do and so I end up with it saying "little or no connection".

The instructions that i got with eircom state that when I plug in my wireless card a wireless network detection icon should appear in the system tray which I can click on and then choose eircom wireless connection set-up and enter the encryption code.This should then establish the connection. Problem is this icon never appears in the tray.

I have uses my wireless card lots of times before in college so I know that it works. im trying to set it up at the moment with no luck. Has anybody here set up an eircom wireless connection before or could someone please point me in the right direction because im stuck at the moment.

is the problem that its not acquiring a network address due to the fact that I have not entered the encryption code? I think this might be the problem so if someone could let me know where to enter this code or whatever since the wireless network symbol is not coming up

Would be great if someone could right back to me ASAP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

HI KingP35,

Just saw your post and thought i might offer my insight ....
    Sounds like you need to setup an ipaddress for your wireless connection.
    I'm not sure on how eircom do it.You do sound like you have dhcp on so maybe its an issue with that....

Ed

Advertisement